Best Remote to Use for Voom and my HT???

keno

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 17, 2004
Remote for Voom

Can some one tell me if the remote control supplied with Voom uses RF signals or UHF signals? The reason I ask is I have a Pronto 7000 remote which controls all my other components (including curtains and screen) and I wish to keep it if I order Voom. However, it can only be programmed with RF signals. Thanks....

Vince2

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2004
Portland, OR
RF? I thought it was IR? Damn, then why is there a MX700 file for the VOOM box posted on Remotecentral? I have a MX700 and was planning to use it. Others have said it works well. Now I'm confused.

Abner

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 8, 2004
It is IR. I'm using a MX-700 on one receiver and a new Radio Shack Kameleon (new 8 device) on the other.

No Problem with either.

With the Rat Shack, I started with the Motorola DBS and taught it a few addional keys.

rang1995

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
Bergen co NJ
Abner said:
It is IR. I'm using a MX-700 on one receiver and a new Radio Shack Kameleon (new 8 device) on the other.

No Problem with either.

With the Rat Shack, I started with the Motorola DBS and taught it a few addional keys.
I read it wrong i meant IR your choice was RF or UHF it didnt register

Vince2

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2004
Portland, OR
That's better, thought I was in the Twilight Zone for a minute there. Abner...you using the MX700 file from Remotecentral or did you create your own?

Abner

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 8, 2004
I started with the RemoteCentral file and moved around a few keys...like the Page- and Page+. They were backwards to me.

Vince2

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 3, 2004
Portland, OR
Thanks Abner, I'll likely do the same. Can't be as bad as the files for the Motorola 5100 boxes Comcast is using for their HD service. I had a heck of a time trying to get all the correct remote mapping for that POS. One more reason for me switching to Voom. I should be installed on Saturday if the HD Gods are in my favor.

Ti-maniac

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 5, 2004
So any ideas on how to set up the TSU7000 for VOOM. I have hinted to my wife to get me one for upcoming BD.

keno

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 17, 2004
Vince2 said:
RF? I thought it was IR? Damn, then why is there a MX700 file for the VOOM box posted on Remotecentral? I have a MX700 and was planning to use it. Others have said it works well. Now I'm confused.

Thank you all for your replies. I miss typed my original and meant IR, not RF. I went ahead and ordered Voom yesterday. Based on the great promotion, I'll run Voom and Dish side-by-side.

rudolpht

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
keno said:
Thank you all for your replies. I miss typed my original and meant IR, not RF. I went ahead and ordered Voom yesterday. Based on the great promotion, I'll run Voom and Dish side-by-side.

Here's the MX700

Attachments

• voom4.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 326

RickCathey

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 19, 2003
rang1995 said:
look into this..seems to work great for me 1 button turns all on and off for up to 8 functions..i.e watch voom, watch Directv,watch DVD etc..must have a computer to download tweaks and settings and only about $150

http://www.harmonyremote.com

I second the Harmony Remote unit SST-659. I bought one last week and in a half hour time I had it operating all my gadgets. Now I can put away a couch full of remotes..

Hitachi 65S700
Onkyo HTS-760
Apex AD-5131 3 Disc DVD Player
Panasonic HS2 DVD Recorder
JVC 811 Dish Receiver
Channel Master 9521A rotor
VOOM Receiver

Rick

Lou4Gehrig

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 22, 2004
Any way to get the Voom remote to control the volume on your receiver? Then it would be perfect.

Vaggeto

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 4, 2004
I agree... I would much rather it control the volume on my receiver then on my TV.

subdude212

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 31, 2003
MA
RickCathey said:
I second the Harmony Remote unit SST-659.
I'll third the SST-659, an affordable solution to a basketfull of remotes. Got mine on eBay for a great price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts