Best way to get better rates?

Brymo

Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
Spokane, WA
Hello. I'm new to the forum.

I love DISH. I'm recently out of contract, and was hoping to renew and get better rates. But that just doesn't work with them.

I was thinking about canceling under my name and having my wife sign up.

Is this the only possible way to get better rates?

I'd also like to get the 922, but I doubt this will be included in a new contract.

Would it be best to go through a reseller, let them know what I want to do, and have them come over as I cancel and have them call back to activate it?

Thanks!

Best to move one if you want new customer pricing. You're not a new customer (any more).

If you're not into sports, drop the sub. and live off Rapidshare and torrents. You'll save tons of $ in the process.

Hello. I'm new to the forum.

I love DISH. I'm recently out of contract, and was hoping to renew and get better rates. But that just doesn't work with them.

I was thinking about canceling under my name and having my wife sign up.

Is this the only possible way to get better rates?

I'd also like to get the 922, but I doubt this will be included in a new contract.

Would it be best to go through a reseller, let them know what I want to do, and have them come over as I cancel and have them call back to activate it?

Thanks!

Call Dish Network,asked to be transferred to their Loyalty Department,ask what can Dish Network do to keep you a Dish Network customer.Good Luck!:)

Normally the higher the programming package you subscribe to,the more likely Dish Network will do something to keep you.;):D

Length of time (continuous) as a sub, and payment record also make a difference. Those of you that move providers every 2 years don't get much......

If you're not into sports, drop the sub. and live off Rapidshare and torrents. You'll save tons of $ in the process.
+1
We're doing more and more of this daily because of the bad EPG info and missing so much programming with timers not firing or not knowing that the program we want is the one. Right now 50% of our programming is coming off the Net that should have recorded on the PVR.

Good info here.

I agree. Only time I have to get shows off the net is when the DVR doesn't work correctly. I don't feel guilty.

I enjoy having Sirius XM on my main system. I don't want to get rid of it.

I think I will cancel and have my wife sign up in her name.

Dish could probably win/keep a lot more loyalty if they had an automatic out of contract discount. Something like 10% off if you are out of contract. You could then decided to give up your discount for free new equipment or something with another commitment.

One has to wonder why companies do not do this (Dish by far is not alone treating new customers like kings old ones like cattle). It would seem a lot more valuable to Dish to keep someone a few extra year vs having them rotate providers every 2 years to get a new deal.

Maybe something interesting like 10% years 2-4 and 15% for 5 years or more. The longer you stay the more it pays.

Dish could probably win/keep a lot more loyalty if they had an automatic out of contract discount. Something like 10% off if you are out of contract. You could then decided to give up your discount for free new equipment or something with another commitment.

One has to wonder why companies do not do this (Dish by far is not alone treating new customers like kings old ones like cattle). It would seem a lot more valuable to Dish to keep someone a few extra year vs having them rotate providers every 2 years to get a new deal.

Maybe something interesting like 10% years 2-4 and 15% for 5 years or more. The longer you stay the more it pays.

So eventually if you stay long enough , DISH would pay you to keep them as a provider.:p

allstate car insurance is offering a deal like this, the longer accident free the lower the rate...

allstate car insurance is offering a deal like this, the longer accident free the lower the rate...

All state makes money the longer you go without an accident. Remember, insurance is basically a 75%+ profit margin industry, until you run something over. If you never have an accident, you're pure profit to them as they never have to pay out. DISH, has to pay out no matter what package you have. And often they have to pay out the same amounts per content provider no matter what package you have. Their overhead is constant.

All state makes money the longer you go without an accident. Remember, insurance is basically a 75%+ profit margin industry, until you run something over. If you never have an accident, you're pure profit to them as they never have to pay out. DISH, has to pay out no matter what package you have. And often they have to pay out the same amounts per content provider no matter what package you have. Their overhead is constant.

The problem is that new customers get the deals, so one is paid to switch providers every couple years if you want to keep up with the best deal. I believe Dish pays $700-$800 (I don't have the quarterly report in front of me atm) for a new customer (equipment, install, commissions, discounts, etc). It takes them practically the entire 2 years to break even on them, and maybe a loss if they are a minimal sub.

It seems a lot better to keep a sub longer.

Good question. I'll bet continuous and currently active counts more.

I just wonder because when I talked with Dish Network's Loyalty Department they told me because of my years of service?.I was with Dish Network for 4 1/2 years,then 3 years with D*,now I'm back with Dish Network for a little over 1 year.Anyways they were able to offer me a free upgrade,where the first CSR I talked to said $200. to upgrade to a 722K from a 622.;)
I have found out since that there seems to be a difference in communication between Dish Network and a Dish Network installer.The installer brought the right receiver,but the wrong dish.I requested the 1K.4 dish.
Anyways I'm about ready to just stay the way I am as this stuff is starting to become a pain in the pitute.:rant:

I find that the best way to get lowest cost is to subscribe to only what I watch. I would not switch to another provider because I really like the 722K with dual OTA tuner. I use this a lot. Then we have the 722 which my wife uses, a lot. We have sling adapter on the 722 and a sling box HD on the 722K and use them both. If we need more TV's in the home in other rooms, we use the ipads and sling Dish or watch Netflix on them. So the hardware keeps us with Dish. As for programming packages, I sub to only what I really use now, rather than the older AEP I had last year. This has saved me $60 a month. I added Netflix at $12 with Blu Ray disk rental and use it enough to make it worth the money.

Basically I try to keep a monthly budget for Dish Network, Netflix, and Blockbuster movie/game pass to $160 per month or less. Currently I am at $145 with all the taxes for everything so I feel good about my monthly programming subscriptions. I may be able to reduce this cost further if we get an a la carte option for every channel as I only watch about 11 channels on a regular basis. It's funny but I dropped all those premium movie channels last Fall and haven't missed them one bit!

Wall Drop Price?

OTA - Antenna TV guide info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)