Beta 1.5.27 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 28 hours of recording before things went to hell.

I installed TimeTrax® Recast 1.5.27 after reading about it here. The one I was using seemed to not be able to connect to the Internet. Lots of "No Internet connection detected" in the log. :confused: I am glad that problem is fixed!! :)

I reboot the computer and started Timetrax Recast:

Jan 26, 2006 15:00:18 TimeTrax® Recast 1.5.27 Copyright 2005 Time Trax Technologies® Corporation​

This was the last good recording:

Jan 27, 2006 19:00:00 Not Recorded: Channel 23 "Rod Stewart - Reason To Believe" Song length: 0:16, Minimum length: 1:00 (Well maybe it is not a good record, but it is the last thing in the Log.)​

When I came back the program was on one of the Emergency Channels, the VU meters indicated no sound and it was not recording anything. But the program did respond to my shutting it down. :rolleyes:

Jan 27, 2006 20:33:04 Shutting Down​

I restarted the program and it is working just fine again. It picked up where it left off using the "Time Schedule."

Not perfect but TimeTrax® Recast 1.5.27 is a big improvement. ;)

Thanks, George :D

Last edited:
Well it worked for two days then this again. My Pc has only done this since I installed TimeTrax I uninstalled with your uninstaller and ran fine for one week reinstalled this beta and guess what random reboots. Help!!!!!

So far, I have had the program "stop responding" 4 times...and that is a great improvement...still annoying.

I have noticed that this most seems to happen when setting up recordings, moving between the main window and the timer settings page...after setting something up, the return to the main screen freezes and the program stops responding. I have also "found" the program in this locked up state after a fairly long run.

As I have stated before, I have not been able to gracefully recover...ever...from one of these situations. Although Windows 2000 is still functioning somewhat, it will not complete a proper shutdown, and must be forced off.

I noticed this morning that I had several odd random recordings of channels which I did not have scheduled, programmed, or even in the "presets"! Like, I have a folder for Traffic and Weather...something that I am not that keen on recording! So what is IN my traffic and weather folder you may wonder...well I have a sub-folder named "51 - San Diego" well, not a bad place to be, I'm sure...but not quite relevant to my geographic local...and how IS the weather doing there? Well according to the forcast, we have "Happy The Man - Mr. Mirror's Ref"! OK, I will admit to listening to channel 51, but how did all those folders and sub-folders get fouled up?

This is just one example...this happened to several other folders too. This appears to have started happening around 6 am yesterday. The folder has the proper channel number, but has a name of a different channel (like "6 - The Blend") and inside you find tracks from "6 - The 60's". Very wierd.

OK. You wanted me to put it on the table and give it the full treatment! If anyone else has experienced the frozen-meters-program not responding lock-up, have you been able to reboot normally, or even be able to cleanly kill the Recast process? I never have. I would like to be able to at lease perform a remote shutdown and restart without holding in the power button.

Excellent feedback.

We are going to try and reproduce it all in the lab and have a look throught the code to see what might cause something like this.

Great stuff!

We appreciate it!

Derek

Hey Doctor Woo:

What kind of system are you running? I haven't had any sort of issue like that. I'm running windows 2000 Svc pack 4 with a pentium 4 - 2.4 GHz processor and 512 megs of RAM, and the software and system do not have the compatibility issues you seem to be having. software is running fine, the only time the TT software sort of locks up on me is if I'm recording TT and burning a CD or DVD at the same time which I can live with, I just won't do any burning while recording Timetrax.

The only issue i've had is that timer record not changing channels if you are recording from one channel at one time then another channel at another. I would look internally for your problem. What all are you running at the same time there seems to be some sort of conflict with something there. What other programs are running at the same time. Try running Time Trax with as little as possible running in the background. I'd start there and see what happens. Good Luck!!!

I am currently running on a PIII 800Mhz with 256M ram, Windows 2000 Sp3, a machine I set up about 2 weeks ago, clean install. I have also run this on a Celeron 500Mhz with 128M ram, same OS. I have very little else on the machine, and nothing running, save for Zone Alarm and a VNC for remote administration. I am running an Audigy2Z for sound. Since this is a "dedicated" machine for this task, I have not wanted the "usual" general purpose tools to be on this machine. I added the VNC when I set up the PIII, but the lock-up issues have not changed with it or without it.

For what ever it is worth, I am still getting wild folders being created today (this is the first time this has happened), after rebooting and such. I have had no troubles getting programmed channels to change and record on time, ever since I learned (the hard way) that the Perfect trax option setting could prevent a timed event recording from starting. When the program is running, every timer event has been properly executed. Setting up the timer, though, will sometimes lock-up the program when you click the "save" or the"close" button. You get back to the main screen, but the meters quit moving...and if you try to close TT, you get the "not responding" box...and basically there is only the power-off solution left.

Operating system still is running, still responding...I can navigate...I can perform a proper shut-down....but it will never shut down! Unless I hold down the power button, the only thing I will be left with is the generic Windows shutting-down graphic box on the icon-free blue desktop.

Well, that has been my experience with it...the shutdown part keeps bugging me, because I cannot re-start the machine with a command, or any normal way...which prevents full remote control. This folder thing which just popped up though, is just crazy.

A follow up note...upon further investigation of these funny folders showing up...

I have determined that the tracks contained within them are a fragment...perhaps only the ending, of a recording which is in the correct target folder. It is as if during the recording, TT cut the recording (in the middle somewhere) to the target folder, then created a new folder named with the strange mix of original channel number and some other channel name, and finished recording that track in that folder. This was determined by pulling the odd folder track out and copying it to the correct target folder. In every instance, the track by the same name already existed! Checking the 2 tracks, it was clear that the oddly named folders contained the continuation of the recordings originally saved in the correct target folder.

Mind you this was not affecting every track recorded...but out of 5 hours, there were probably 6 to 12 tracks split up this way.

I un-installed and then re-installed 1.5beta27, and will see what happens...

We are seeing a couple other reports of these "strange characters"

It could be something in the stream.

We will look into it.

Derek

Dr Woo:

Can you please reproduce the issue and send us a debug?

Simply follow the instructions and send the file to: bugreports@timetraxtech.com

To produce a debug:

1) Start - Run - (Type in) CMD (press enter)
2) In the dos box type: cd\ (Press enter)
3) Then type: cd program files\timetrax recast (press enter)
4) Type: timetrax.exe /debug (press enter)

TimeTrax will create a .txt files in your C:\ directory send that file as an attachment with your report.

Thanks!

Derek

Same thing happening here. I had 1.4 installed then in installed the offical 1.5 release. Could not save more than 1 or 2 songs without 1.5 stopping recordings . Installed the 1.5.27 Beta, which recorded >1 sogn, but partial recordings were being stored in directories that have the correct XM channel number but the wrong station name.

This seemed to happen regardless of whether or not PerfecTrax option is selected. Back to 1.4 for me!

Will send a bug report.

I didn't check to see if it is still happening after my re-install yesterday. If it does I'll send a report. It was a very strange thing to have the correct channel name attached to some wild folder...XM

Last edited:
Dr.Woo said:
I didn't check to see if it is still happening after my re-install yesterday. If it does I'll send a report. It was a very strange thing to have the correct channel name attached to some wild folder...XM

I reported this exact thing in 1.4. I would quote the thread but the dag gum whole thread is gone, sheese!

Anyway I was getting up to 20 correct channel numbers with other channel names. Each of the incorrect folders would have 1-3 songs recorded, and the same song in the correct folder. So this behavior is not new at least for me anyway.

Michael

Hailfixer said:
I reported this exact thing in 1.4. I would quote the thread but the dag gum whole thread is gone, sheese!

This issue was corrected in 1.5 and verified that it was corrected. It has to do with the Stream and we have to program to compensate for it. It looks like they have changed things again, that is why it is showing up again.

D.

I am using the new beta, am having trouble with shutting TT down, not responding, I can get it to close after awhile if I keep at it. Windows asks me if I want to send a report to windows, I have had this problem with all versions. I do not have to shut my system down.. This seems to happen most ofter after I have TT running for a long time. Sirius user.

Status
Not open for further replies.