Bethal Radio

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
I get the Bethal TV channel with no problem but not the radio station. Is the radio signal weaker or am I doing something wrong?

They're on the same transponder so both should come in.

I know some radio channels are on a second audio of the TV channel (at least alot of the internatinal channels are like that)

Does it show up in the radio list? Otherwise you might have to rescan in that transponder

As Iceberg correctly noted. The Bethel Radio is available by selecting the additional audio channel on the Television channel. We are working with Bethel uplink engineers to make a modification to their encoder to allow their radio station to appear as an audio service in your radio station list.

We hope that this will be resolved soon!

Thanks Glorystar for the info :)

Shane...just hit the audio or language button on the remote. Looks like you have an ultra. Tune to Bethel TV and hit the button above the menu one. It looks like a speaker and a ?

it will pop up "language 1" and "language 2" Scroll down to language 2 and hit ok...voila...radio station :) You will still have the TV picture on the screen but the audio will be the radio

yes you have to hit it agian to go back to TV

I'll have to try that. My internet at home has been out for a week or so. I have problems with my modem. So I will have to wait until I get home to try it.

That works. It is kind of tricky though. One would think to look for radio channels to be grouped with the rest of them by pushing the radio/TV button. Instead, one needs to switch the language on the TV channel in order to pick up the radio station. But it is there.

Shane
its how the channel has it set up. Most of the time the radio channels are separate from the TV channels. Its all how they uplink it (as Glorystar noted) and it looks like they are working with Bethel Radio to separate the two

I can think of two examples that are even weirder
BYU TV has 2 languages on the same channel...left for English and right for Spanish (as an example)
some International channels use the left audio for the TV service and the right only for radio (White Springs TV on IA7 did that too for a while)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)