BEV 9200 - After my vacation, it's on vacation

camweb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
ThunderBay.ON.CA
Hopefully one of the knowledgeable members here can help me with a weird issue I have with my BEV 9200.

After being off for a few weeks, two and a half to be exact, when I turned on my 9200 yesterday it couldn't get a signal. I've checked all of the connections and I'm getting 90%+ signal, but it says wrong sat.

Is this common? Would Bell have suspended my service because it was off for so long?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

It happens to me every once in awhile and I need to run a check switch then all is well.

I wish the name based recording software update would come out.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It happens to me every once in awhile and I need to run a check switch then all is well.

I wish the name based recording software update would come out.

Supposedly it's not coming out until mid May now. Hopefully they include a longer guide or it will be pretty much worthless.

I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Checking the switch did nothing and finally decided to try pulling the plug.

That got me a signal on 91 but not 82. I then ran a switch check and everything started working properly again.

Someone said that the nagra2 turns off after x number of days and the box needs to be reauthorized from BEV. I've never had it happen to me, but I have clearly seen that posted numerous times after being unplugged for a week+.

Yes, I've tried checking the switch, and ended up with all X's.

After watching pixelated shaw digital for an hour and getting frustrated, I remembered power cycling my old 2700 which brought it back to life a few summers ago, and low and behold after being plugged back in after 5 minutes, it's back and working, although I lost all of my settings.

Thanks for all of the help and good advice.

CoachGibbs said:
Supposedly it's not coming out until mid May now. Hopefully they include a longer guide or it will be pretty much worthless.
NBR works great on my 5200 with only a 44 hour guide.

OK You are having a signal issue , not an authorization one.
#1 Unplug the receiver from the power, then reconnect.
#2Disconnect the 2 lines from the receiver.
#2 Run check switch with no signal
#3 Reconnect the lines
#4 Run check switch again
#5 See what the results are.

Thhis works for some with that issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)