Beware!!! Counterfeit Pansat 2500 satellite receivers!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gunn55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
Here is a letter sent out to Pansat dealers,

Dear valued Pansat® dealer:

Since 1983 Pansat® has worked diligently to produce the highest quality satellite equipment at competitive prices. As an authorized Pansat® dealer, we greatly value your role in delivering Pansat® products which meet the demands of our consumers.

We write to inform you that Pansat® has recently discovered a number of counterfeit satellite receivers which closely copy the appearance and operation of the Pansat® 2500 product line. In many cases these counterfeit products copy the Pansat® trademark, logo, trade dress and functionality so that, by outward appearances, they are very difficult to distinguish from genuine Pansat® products. We provide below a summary description of the known differences between genuine Pansat® products and the counterfeit products we have seized through our investigations.

As these counterfeits are not subject to Pansat’s® quality assurance standards we strongly encourage you to make every effort to assure that you are purchasing and providing your customers with genuine Pansat® products. Of course Pansat® will not stand behind any counterfeit product. Pansat® products may only be purchased directly from Pansat®’s sold by authorized Pansat® dealers.

Pansat® is undertaking efforts to stop the trade of counterfeit products, including involving U.S. and foreign Customs authorities and initiating domestic and foreign investigations and ensuing civil actions against all manufacturers, importers, and dealers trafficking in counterfeit Pansat® products. If you are offered or detect a counterfeit product in your inventory, please immediately contact us with the details at the contacts below. As you may know, the manufacture and sale of counterfeit product may be subject to criminal prosecution and monetary damages up to $200,000.00 per violation.

Thank you once again for your role in helping to deliver genuine, quality Pansat® products to our customers. We appreciate your cooperation and support in ensuring that we stop the trade of counterfeit products.

Best Regards,

------------------------
MOD Edit: Sales Manager's Name Removed - AEA
Sales Manager

*Attached please find a copy of summery of counterfeit product characteristics

Summary of Counterfeit Product Characteristics

1 The paint color on the counterfeit satellite receiver is greenish silver. There is a noticeable difference in the color of the top cover when compared to the front panel’s color. Authentic Pansat satellite receivers are produced in a “Sony silver” color.

2 A vinyl protection sheet which is adhered to the top of the satellite receiver is missing in the counterfeit product. Authentic products always have a protective vinyl sheet applied to them in cases of damage during transportation.

3 Counterfeit receivers have top cover ventilation holes which are noticeably square-shaped rather than a smooth, round-shape as the authentic model has.

4 Bottom chassis of counterfeit receivers are flat whereas the authentic receivers have several more, upward-punched, square shaped holes .

5 Counterfeit models have a sticker label listing UL (safety standard) and FCC compliance on the back panel. Sticker format has been discontinued and is no longer used to list UL and FCC compliance. Authentic models have a UL & FCC clause directly printed onto the metal on the back of the receiver and should be accompanied by small sticker attached indicating the month of the product’s manufacture (e.g. Sep. 2004 – (SB)).

6 Serial number may not be attached on both gift box and the unit (back or bottom) on counterfeit satellite receiver models. It printed 4G4.----- only on the FCC sticker label. There is some possibility of full faked serial number attached on counterfeit unit in the future.Typically the serial numbers eight (8) digit consisting of year, month , unit sequence number on authentic satellite receivers are located on the bottom of the chassis.

MOD EDIT: Pansat 2500a's Manufactured BEFORE September 2004 have a Sticker with Serial number on the BACK of the unit. Those Made September 2004 and later will have this on the bottom of the receiver. -AEA

I can see a few members checking their Pansats tonight! I would NOT be happy if I found I paid for a fake Pansat, thank goodness I only deal with the manufacturers and not the middle men!

Thanks for the heads up Gunn55!

Yes 1= I have noticeable difference in the color of the top cover when compared to the front panel’s color

NO 2=A vinyl protection sheet which is adhered to the top of the satellite receiver is missing ( It`s not missing)

NO 3=I have round-shape as the authentic model has.

NO 4=I have 3 on (bottom right )upward-punched, square shaped holes .

NO 5=no Sticker accompanied by small sticker attached indicating the month of the product’s manufacture (e.g. Sep. 2004 – (SB)).

there is a sticker there but it the same size as the painted one

?? 6=my Serial number 4G1 1930 ( Sticker on the BACK )

so what do i have here`s were i got it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5720882158

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fortec Ultra Liftime Serial Link to pc

Is Empire really quiet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)