BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

Now they made it right with the AMC/cablevision dispute and they got Sinclair settled but,geesh this is getting old.How long has BTN been around anyway?2 years?I know it hasn't been too long and that means the agreement with Dish must have been a short one.
AMC is back on Dish?

Here's what I don't get. Direct drops 17ish channels for about three weeks and just about everyone is supportive of direct for taking a stand on pricing. Yet every time a potential dispute comes up involving Dish, people are up in arms.

I think Dish more than made up for the AMC channels. Between the Rokus, the 12 month discounts and the episode purchase credits, they've taken very good care of anyone that was impacted enough to complain. Not to mention that people have gotten credits such that monthly bills are down. So whoever is complaining about never seeing their bill decrease when there's a dispute, I call BS.

Sinclair, yep, that could have been a huge dispute impacting lots of people. But last I heard the channels were down for what, an hour in the middle of the night, prior to a deal being reached? I'd call that resolved with minimal sub impact.

And BTN says they just want market rates, funny that's all Viacom wanted from Direct...

And I'm in no way dismissing anyone's passion for college football. I understand why many would be upset. Hell, as of right now, Dish doesn't even carry the Pac-12 Network, so I completely understand. I'm just bothered by how inconsistently people behave with regards to Dish and Direct when it comes to these sorts of things.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Maybe because they are two COMPLETELY different subscriber bases.(and forums, and threads) And the Dish folks realize the reality of the situation whereas the Direct subscribers have not experienced the likes of what Dish has done to their subscribers. Dish has a history.

If you don't like what people are saying don't read it.

If BTN is gone on 9/1, I'll wait about a week just to see if a deal is reached after BTN pulls their signal. Hopefully that'll be the case. If not, I'll probably jump to Direct over this one.

Call me weird.. call me what you will. But anymore, the ONLY reason I pay DISH is for the sports I enjoy especially the Big Ten. Even though I have 6 months on my contract, if this doesn't resolve itself in 2 weeks, I'll cancel and go to DirecTV (my only other option). I just don't watch much else anymore but this and I pay a LOT to watch what I do. The least they can do is give me the programming I actually watch.

This one will get resolved within one week I'm guessing. As large as the AMC outcry was on this board, it really isn't that popular a channel nationally. If you mess with people's college football, though, watch out. I would imagine that Dish would see a notable and nearly immediate exodus of people directly attributable to dropping the BTN channels, so I don't think they'll be off the air for long, if at all.

AMC is back on Dish?

Surely you jest?:rolleyes: I mean they at least tried to take care of customers that watched those channels.Roku,$30 and $35 one time credits $10 off for 12mos,free multisport or premiums in some cases and ppv certs in others.

No
I think He is referring to the scam that they had of giving out the reconditioned Roku players that cost them less than what they saved in one month .
A lot of dish guys thought that was better than sliced bread .
It really had no value but they loved it

Scam? I'd hardly call it a scam.:rolleyes: Personally I like the roku not to mention the other offers.$30 and $35 one time credits $10 off for 12mos,free multisport or premiums in some cases and ppv certs in others.If that's a scam count me in for more of them.;)

Scam? I'd hardly call it a scam.:rolleyes: Personally I like the roku not to mention the other offers.$30 and $35 one time credits $10 off for 12mos,free multisport or premiums in some cases and ppv certs in others.If that's a scam count me in for more of them.;)
a stratagem for gain
we are paying the same price for less value
dishes cost are quickly recovered

Here's what I don't get. Direct drops 17ish channels for about three weeks and just about everyone is supportive of direct for taking a stand on pricing. Yet every time a potential dispute comes up involving Dish, people are up in arms.
The differences between the recent Dish/AMC and Direct/Viacom disputes were discussed at the time. And, it was clear why most people supported Direct, but not many supported Dish.

-Dish dropped the AMC channels. Viacom pulled their channels from Direct.
-Dish made the decision in advance to drop AMC at the end of the contract, with no negotiation. DirecTV wanted to keep the channels up while negotiating.
-AMC made some of their programming available at no charge on the Net. Viacom removed all of their programming from the Net.
-Dish is doing this because of Charlie's personal dislike of AMC's parent corporation due to a separate lawsuit having nothing to do with these channels. DirecTV was only concerned with the issue at hand, the current carriage agreement with Viacom.
-Quite simply, Dish has more of these public disputes with content providers, always using the excuse of saving its customers money. Yet, never has a loss of channels brought about a reduction in package price.

I'm sure there's more. But, those were the main ones off the top of my head right now.

Either way they need to put things to bed get all their network issues taking care of and stop making the consumers pay for it.. If they keep this up Dish and Direct folks will be getting out of their contracts due to their not getting services they signed up for. I think the refs FCC and FTC will start hearing more from the consumers on these issues and make both Dish and Direct plus the network play the game better than what they are now.

He must not bleed Orange since he won't get the ESPN debacle taken care of already. He can't see all of his Vols games in HD!:)D:DWell he probably can since he most likely has a D* receiver at his place, but not on Dish!:D:D)

of course he does. Thats how he can see all the sports in HD ;)

The differences between the recent Dish/AMC and Direct/Viacom disputes were discussed at the time. And, it was clear why most people supported Direct, but not many supported Dish.

-Dish dropped the AMC channels. Viacom pulled their channels from Direct.
-Dish made the decision in advance to drop AMC at the end of the contract, with no negotiation. DirecTV wanted to keep the channels up while negotiating.
-AMC made some of their programming available at no charge on the Net. Viacom removed all of their programming from the Net.
-Dish is doing this because of Charlie's personal dislike of AMC's parent corporation due to a separate lawsuit having nothing to do with these channels. DirecTV was only concerned with the issue at hand, the current carriage agreement with Viacom.
-Quite simply, Dish has more of these public disputes with content providers, always using the excuse of saving its customers money. Yet, never has a loss of channels brought about a reduction in package price.

I'm sure there's more. But, those were the main ones off the top of my head right now.

AMC actually has decent programing. Other than a couple things on Comedy Central Viacom has crap on their channels ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)