BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

FWIW I just called Dish to voice my opinion that I was tired of disputes and losing BTN after AMC would definitely push me to the dark side. I was told that Dish is guaranteeing BTN will be on for the next 3 weeks if negotiations take that long. Take that with a grain of CSR salt, but that's what I was told.

Really no way for you to prove it was a select few or,for me to prove that it was half of their customers.They did send out emails and postcards,how many,who knows?Then word of mouth by satguys and other websites,I would venture to guess it would be more than a select few.

The point I'm trying to make is that Dish at least in this case did a lot more than they have with other disputes.They could have said here is HDNET movies,AXS,oh and Style sd,that's all we are going to offer.
For you it might be a good deal but for me the fact that they did more than they did in the past does not make it a great offer.
All I know for sure is i no longer have accesses to programming I want so is a bad deal for me.

btn is one of the reasons I have multi sport pack

I live in the Philladelphia DMA area. I still don't understand why I have to subscribe to the Multi Sport Pack to get the BTN while other DMAs in PA do not?

Is it because the Philadelphia DMA probably covers areas in NJ and Delaware?

Is this really anything out of the ordinary!!!!! Channel disputes and litigation is what this company is all about, and one day it will all catch up to you CHARLIE!!!!!
Well...gee whiz...looks like Charlie isn't alone:

Direct loses 4 channels...http://www.tvpredictions.com/blacked082812.htm

The four stations, which have been blacked out on DIRECTV since August 13, are:

Spokane, Washington - KAYU-TV
Yakima, Washington -- KFFX-TV
Binghamton, NY -- WICZ-TV
Medford, Oregon -- KMVU-TV

My understanding is the Gameday package will cover all the out of market games on ESPN and ABC. The Gameday package WILL NOT get you any of the FOX games, FOX PPV, or the individual conferace networks. Even though the Longhorn (Texas) network as a stand along network, is run by ESPN it will not get this for you either.

Ok so what about the gameday ticket. Isn't that were dish offers all the college games?

Most probably.

If you have the Americas Top 200 the BTN is included in your package, and yes we are in negotiations with BTN but its gonna work out we don"t want to pull a Directv and kill MTV right before the Season Finale of Jersey shore girls pregnant at 16 living with the moms of Beverly hills celebrating their super sweet 16..

Sorry Rant...

As for the Pac-12 Comcast has the sole rights to that just like the NFL Sunday Ticket the two Schools holding out UW and my boys the cougs at WSU.. before it can go live they have to have agreement from all schools

Charlie will agree to carry BTN for three months while both parties agree to put forth a good faith effort to negotiate an agreement. He will even agree to pay a 10% increase as a gesture of goodwill. Come December 1st, after all the extra points have all been kicked, Dish will drop Big Ten, terminate further discussions, and publically state BTN demanded an unreasonable sum for a channel with so few viewers. After all...the company works hard to save customer's money. Anyway, Dish will renew discussions with BTN before the start of the 2013 College Footall season. The net effect is Dish doesn't pay BTN from December through August (8-months), while customer bills are not reduced one penny.

Did I miss anything?

BTN would be foolish not to pull the plug Friday Night without having a long-term agreement in place.

Charlie will agree to carry BTN for three months while both parties agree to put forth a good faith effort to negotiate an agreement. He will even agree to pay a 10% increase as a gesture of goodwill. Come December 1st, after all the extra points have all been kicked, Dish will drop Big Ten, terminate further discussions, and publically state BTN demanded an unreasonable sum for a channel with so few viewers. After all...the company works hard to save customer's money. Anyway, Dish will renew discussions with BTN before the start of the 2013 College Footall season. The net effect is Dish doesn't pay BTN from December through August (8-months), while customer bills are not reduced one penny.

Did I miss anything?

BTN would be foolish not to pull the plug Friday Night without having a long-term agreement in place.

So what about basketball season???

Charlie wont do anything this happens all the time and its the programming providers like Viacom not the channels itself who fight its the middle man taking the flour and the wheat and selling it to the farmer and the miller at a good profit..

Did I miss anything?

Just a word... Dish typically has never increased the bill instantly when a channel is added either. When Epix was added, the bill didn't go up for Platinum.

Well I think the only way we will get this stopped is if people started contacting their local state attorney office about how if any TV Provider pulls channels that was in your plan that you agreed to when you signed up. Gives the consumer the right to leave their contract and move to another TV Provider this would probably make the TV Providers and Networks think more about what they are doing. It's almost like a breach of contract when they start pulling channels that they originally agreed to that you would have we you signed up. So if they start pulling channels then the consumer should have the right to get out of their contract and start shopping for another provider. But this sounds like this willl have to happen at the state level from what the FCC told me.. It's time for consumers to step up and put the heat on the Tv Providers and the Networks it's our money that pays their bills. :)

Well I think the only way we will get this stopped is if people started contacting their local state attorney office about how if any TV Provider pulls channels that was in your plan that you agreed to when you signed up. Gives the consumer the right to leave their contract and move to another TV Provider this would probably make the TV Providers and Networks think more about what they are doing. It's almost like a breach of contract when they start pulling channels that they originally agreed to that you would have we you signed up. So if they start pulling channels then the consumer should have the right to get out of their contract and start shopping for another provider. But this sounds like this willl have to happen at the state level from what the FCC told me.. It's time for consumers to step up and put the heat on the Tv Providers and the Networks it's our money that pays their bills. :)

That doesn't do anything but put more power in the Network providers hands. They can then tell any providers no, accept our price or we are pulling our programming and your customers can go to xx provider.

That doesn't do anything but put more power in the Network providers hands. They can then tell any providers no, accept our price or we are pulling our programming and your customers can go to xx provider.

But either way the provider will think about how they are doing things same goes on the network end the less people watching their network will hurt their ratings and hit them in the pocket book. Which in the end if they are loosing viewers they will have no choice but to make changes on their end like I said we pay their bills they don't have money trees.. They do this kind of stuff due to they know they have not gotten any real pressure to put a stop to it until they do they will continue to do so. But if states start holding them accountable for their actions then they will think twice about their practices.. Just my 2 cents.. :)

Last edited:
But either way the provider will think about how they are doing things same goes on the network end the less people watching their network will hurt their ratings and hit them in the pocket book. Which in the end if they are loosing viewers they will have no choice but to make changes on their end like I said we pay their bills they don't have money trees.. They do this kind of stuff due to they know they have not gotten any real pressure to put a stop to it until they do they will continue to do so. But if states start holding them accountable for their actions then they will think twice about their practices.. Just my 2 cents.. :)

Dead wrong on that. It would give tremendous power to the content providers. You would like to pay more and more to keep channels, I would like to not pay anymore than has to be, or else maybe yes, drop a channel. Your solution would result in faster escalating prices.
And I am leary anytime there will be more Government regulations....... No thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts