BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

It won't affect anything. Obviously Dish knows their customers want the channel. They wouldn't carry it otherwise. Dish is going to negotiate to get a price they feel is appropriate and if it's not they won't carry it. If they really thought customers didn't care for the channel and would stay with Dish regardless then they would just let the contract end and say see ya later BTN.

I'm super ticked off to see this. I just renewed and signed a 2 year contract. There are a few channels I watch, and BTN is one of them. Is there a way to get out of the contract if they drop channels other than pay the early termination fee?

I'm super ticked off to see this. I just renewed and signed a 2 year contract. There are a few channels I watch, and BTN is one of them. Is there a way to get out of the contract if they drop channels other than pay the early termination fee?

No there isn't. They'll offer you a few perks but that's about it - your contract doesn't guarantee programs won't change. I'm in the same boat... I watch VERY LITTLE TV outside of football and basketball mostly college. I still have 6 months left on my contract. If I HAVE to, I'll go to the lowest package, turn off my two 211ks and switch to DirecTV. But I'm willing to give Dish about 5 more days. I still think they get this done.

I just got this from BTN. Yes I think it's posturing but it doesn't sound good for Ohio State, Wisconsin, Purdue and Indiana fans tomorrow who have DISH:
Sent: Fri, August 31, 2012 2:45:28 PM
Subject: DISH Network Plans to Drop BTN Tomorrow

Attention Dish Network Customers,

Time is running out!!

Tomorrow, Saturday, September 1, DISH Network plans to drop Big Ten Network from its programming lineup. This means you will miss tomorrow's season openers for Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue and the coaching debut of Urban Meyer at Ohio State. And if it continues, as DISH customers, you will miss over 40 Big Ten football games this season on BTN.

We are trying to reach a deal with DISH but it's not looking good. DISH has been involved in 22 of the 42 network blackouts since March 2010 as tracked by the American Television Alliance. No other TV provider is nearly so blackout-prone.

We are disappointed DISH does not see the value in BTN in the same way that so many of its customers do, including Big Ten students, alumni and fans across the country. The Big Ten Network is dedicated to covering one of America's oldest and finest collegiate conferences with more in-depth coverage than any other network, coverage that fans value greatly.

Act now. Let DISH know that BTN is important to you and that you consider BTN a valuable part of your DISH subscription package. If DISH won't give you the games you want, others will. To find another BTN provider, go to IWantBTN.com or call 1-855-WANT-B10 (1-855-926-8210) for more information. Stay up to date on the latest developments on BTN's Facebook page and on Twitter (@IWantBTN).

Thank you for your support.

BTN
600 W. Chicago Ave., Suite 875
Chicago, IL 60654

I hope this works out for those who like BTN. I've had it for five years and watched a couple of basketball games, all the marquee stuff winds up on ESPN or CBS.

btharner said:
I hope this works out for those who like BTN. I've had it for five years and watched a couple of basketball games, all the marquee stuff winds up on ESPN or CBS.

True most of the big games are on other channels. Fans of college football teams don't just watch the biggest matchups though. I want to see all my team's and their rivals games every weekend.

BTN is also the only way to see a good majority of the college basketball games in the winter.

True most of the big games are on other channels. Fans of college football teams don't just watch the biggest matchups though. I want to see all my team's and their rivals games every weekend.

BTN is also the only way to see a good majority of the college basketball games in the winter.

Exactly. And not that I'm a big college basketball fan, but there are number of marquee games during the Big Ten season.

It isn't looking good...latest report: "With the five-year contract between the Big Ten Network and the Dish network expiring at midnight, the sides are “significantly apart” in their negotiations, BTN president Mark Silverman told the Dispatch this evening." Also "Dish spokesman Bob Toevs spoke briefly about the status of talks.
“At this point, I don’t have a lot of color to offer you""

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/con...keyes/2012/08/btndish-far-apart-in-talks.html

riffjim4069 said:
Exactly. And not that I'm a big college basketball fan, but there are number of marquee games during the Big Ten season.

Right. Basketball is a different story. BTN actually does get a lot of the big matchups during basketball season.

I thought I read that the Big ten network had some link with Fox as part owners? Hope This does not have auto hop repercussions with the current fox law suit??

Fox has a 49% stake in BTN. Whether the Fox lawsuit has anything to do with the negotiations would be pure speculation.

I thought I read that the Big ten network had some link with Fox as part owners? Hope This does not have auto hop repercussions with the current fox law suit??

Fox has a 49% stake in BTN. Whether the Fox lawsuit has anything to do with the negotiations would be pure speculation.

Hmmm. As part of the agreement I wonder if BTN demanded that autohop be disabled on their channel(s)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)