Big Bang Theory discussion

I think they are tech geeks, and you may be over-thinking and over-analyzing. :)

I often take my dogs to a nearby dog park. There is one guy there loves to overanalyze TV shows. He will pick apart scenes exposing logical inconsistencies. I am not sure he understands the notion that it is all fiction and that sometimes they mine humor from inserting the ridiculous into normal situations.

I often take my dogs to a nearby dog park. There is one guy there loves to overanalyze TV shows. He will pick apart scenes exposing logical inconsistencies. I am not sure he understands the notion that it is all fiction and that sometimes they mine humor from inserting the ridiculous into normal situations.

LOL -- yeah, I am a sci-fi fan, if I over-analyzed every episode of Stargate or Star Trek, there would not be much fun watching the show. Hmmm... everyone in the galaxy speaks English (at least Star Trek pretended to have a "universal" translator). :) BBT is a hilarious comedy, and it draws on popular culture ALL THE TIME, particularly as it relates to the geek-culture they are playing off of. So Alienware computers AND mac book pros make total sense. BUT in the end, its about WHO PAYS CBS (and Warner Brothers/Chuck Lorre) to have their products featured.

Geezes golly. It was just a simple observation that I thought was pretty funny. Talk about overanalyzing. I think you two are overanalyzing my post, putting more meaning into it than what was intended.

Last edited:
OK Where did I miss the part where Lenerd & Pira broke up? I know she went back to India but she and Lenerd where having a long ditance relationship. Now it looks like Lenerd and Penny are starting a "secret" dating?

As for the Theme and the Bare Naked Ladies, I love to see an episide in which the "gang" goes to a club where the Bare Naked Ladies are oplaying and they perform that song. On a side note that song has been modified by the Bare Naked Ladies for Peachtree, WSBK, and a few other stationsd that show The Bang Therory 5 nights a week.

Last edited:
OK Where did I miss the part where Lenerd & Pira broke up? I know she went back to India but she and Lenerd where having a long ditance relationship. Now it looks like Lenerd and Penny are starting a "secret" dating?

A couple of episodes after she went back. Leonard met an attractive comic book writer, but turned down an opportunity. He confessed to Priya that he had had feelings and she came back that she was sleeping with someone back in India. Bye Priya. Link: "The Big Bang Theory" The Good Guy Fluctuation (TV episode 2011) - IMDb

The last year or so this series seems to have lost something compared to prior years. But last night's episode was one of the best in a while, IMO

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/7-SVvtxHJGU?rel=0[/video]

I think some of the magic has been lost by so many of the guys hooking up with girls. When Leonard was unable to land Penny it was better, now that it is a past relationship it lost that geeky unable to truely relate to women charm. The same thing with Howard. It was better when they were all chasing but never able to obtain the goal. Sheldon's relationship seems to work because it is truely geeky. If he ever normalizes the relationship the show will probably be over.

I actually thought last night was one of the funniest episodes in a long time. And I am glad that Penny and Leonard are back together. Sure its not the same show it was 3 years ago, but it is still very very good.

Sheldon will NEVER have a normalized relationship with anyone. :)

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

A
l
e
r
t

Although nothing has been said if there going to be a Season # 6 of Big Bang, I'm guessing there will be assuming the ratings stay where they are which are pretty good.

My guess for a season "cliff hanger" is we all know Howard is scheduled to go to the International space station sometime in May(shows May date).

I predict that either something happens on the space craft going up to the station or something on the station itself which spells disaster for Howard in some type of form IE space craft crashes or they loose contact with station because of fire something that other wise may mean Howard "possibly might be killed, but the "Gang" have no way of knowing what exactly is going on. Just a guess?

An excellent show that does not bore you. They keep putting out good episodes. It is something unique from the other tv shows plus a few familiar faces.

MCIBUS said:
S
p
o
i
l
e
r

A
l
e
r
t

Although nothing has been said if there going to be a Season # 6 of Big Bang, I'm guessing there will be assuming the ratings stay where they are which are pretty good.

My guess for a season "cliff hanger" is we all know Howard is scheduled to go to the International space station sometime in May(shows May date).

I predict that either something happens on the space craft going up to the station or something on the station itself which spells disaster for Howard in some type of form IE space craft crashes or they loose contact with station because of fire something that other wise may mean Howard "possibly might be killed, but the "Gang" have no way of knowing what exactly is going on. Just a guess?

I think it much more likely that Howard goes to space and his space toilet breaks again. :)

Interesting thought thought though with him going to space. They might air another episode with him already back from space but probably not.

The Big Bang Theory will most likely have a season 6 as they were renewed through 2014 last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)