***** Big Big Changes for HD Cinema*****ALL MOVIES in OAR all the time

Sean Mota said:
I think that there is no to limited hardware support for Anamorphic HD right now.

Thanks Sean,

That answers my question. Ya they said it is also very expensive to do. Thats always has it's draw backs.

Yes. You can have anamorphic Original Aspect Ratio (OAR) or you can have Letterbox OAR. Depending on the OAR, you may have no black bars, thin black bars, or thick black bars. The wider the original content, the thicker the bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

The image we see from Voom is anamorphic, otherwise a straight horizontal stretch would alter the geometry of the image. With a Letterbox image you have to zoom or stretch both in the horizontal and vertical planes to maintain the proper geometry.

Letterbox sux because you lose resolution when you zoom to fill the screen. With anamorphic, the sides of the image are compressed with the extra information, and uncompressed with the horizontal stretch of the widescreen tv.

--Steve

twodutys said:
So Smasuch, What you are trying to say is that you still get black lines on Anamorphic widescreen as well depending upon the OAR. That I did'nt know. So is Anamorphic Widescreen the type of transfer they will be using? It is the best from what I have experienced. Everybody here is saying they are going to just use OAR. Again why not Anamorphic. Even the website you directed me to says that it is the best.

Update:

The renaming of the channels will happen; it is taken a little longer than expected. VOOM is committed to the genre that was stated on this first post. They have already secured rights to a lot of the movies on this genre.

The KungFu channel was supposed to start on 10/15 but the studio has been late in delivering the movies and it will be delayed until November/December. This is according to the studio schedule. You will see tons of KungFu movies as the rights to them has been secured.

At least I know when to start looking for FU again.. I like the "secured lots of movies" part. Also gives them time to advertise their new lineup changes.

It was a smart move by VOOM to stop the renaming until they get the content. Otherwise, people will get excited with the names only to later get dissapointed with the content. I guess they learned from the time when they created Equator-HD and didn't have enough content.

barth2k said:
Has anyone seen any OAR >1.85:1 movie? Only ones I've seen are docs shot in 4x3.

There was one movie in 1:33:1 yesterday which was not a documentary. I am hoping for is that what we have seen so far are the remaining transfers that were cropped and the new titles will be OAR.

A Chorus Line which it was shown previously cropped 16x9, it is showing today as OAR on Divine HD. This means that they are moving into in the OAR direction.

A&C Meet Frankenstein was proper 4:3 OAR. OAR works in both directions ;)

I have seen very few movies displayed in OAR since the announcement. Is this really going to happen or is Voom blowing smoke?

RAJH said:
I have seen very few movies displayed in OAR since the announcement. Is this really going to happen or is Voom blowing smoke?

Before there were none, right? At least there are a few now. It will take time. Again we are only talking at anything that is not 1:85:1 AR.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I'm watching Cinema6 and it's not the right movie..it's some movie with Matthew Brodrick. I called VOOM and they said they never heard of these changes

The PG is all messed up today again! :mad: it started yesterday. The changes are not official and CSR would not know about it either. On channel 106 there was a documentary about Bruce Lee which you can catch after that movie with Matthew Brodrick. I do not know what is doing there. Check zap2it and you will see all the Kung Fu title in there. Whether they will actually show up is another thing.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I'm a huge Mark Dacascos fan and wanted to watch China Strike Force and it wasn't even on GRRRRRRRRRR

Check the Kung Fu thread in programming I saw this was coming on, so I jammed on my Xbox until late evening to watch this, and NO CHINA STRIKE FORCE MAAHALDJALJALSJDLA :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

RE: Dolan the Visionary

I agree with the "visionary" statement Sean at the bottom of your post. Dolan was thinking HD Satellite while Mark Cuban was only thinking HD channel. But surely he can fix this screwed-up programming listing. :confused:

Tvlman said:
I agree with the "visionary" statement Sean at the bottom of your post. Dolan was thinking HD Satellite while Mark Cuban was only thinking HD channel. But surely he can fix this screwed-up programming listing. :confused:
Dolan was a visionary when he created HBO, back then everybody though he was nuts ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts