BIG ugly dish finally up. Any fun suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb0lcr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
South Dakota
Hi site,

I've had an 8' aluminum dish up for years now, motorized, works great. I've also had a big 15' commercial dish sitting in my yard face down for a couple years. I finally had the opportunity to get it facing up instead of down, complements of some borrowed heavy equipment.

Now that I've got it up, trying to decide what I should point it at. It's not motorized. I was thinking of pointing it at one of the birds that are hard for me to pick up, but nothing really comes to mind.

Any fun suggestions?

What bird are you on the most? That is where I would start in my thought process. Post pics :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Fun?

Point it at your neighbors house for a couple weeks, somehow mention it to them so they are aware of it, and everytime you see them after that, just LOOK at them and start laughing uncontrollably... If they ask you questions, just laugh harder! LOL

Pictures... I totally forgot. I'll put these into the dish farm pics thread too...

2013-08-11_20-30-13_97.jpg2013-08-11_20-30-30_553.jpg2013-08-11_20-30-44_121.jpg

Still needs the feed installed, but at least it's not pointed at China anymore.

Last edited:
At this point, I don't think my neighbors would flinch if I had something pointed at their house. They already know me as the weird guy :)

I did consider pointing it at 105W and subscribing to SkyVision again. Goodbye Rain Fade. Plus I'd never have trouble getting NBC.

My local PAX affiliate has two of those dishes behind their studio. The feed supports are copper or brass colored, and they have orthomode feeds installed.

If I had that setup, I would be putting multiple LNBFs in an attempt to get as many locations/satellites at once. At least three, which is only 4° of arc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)