BightHouse & ESPN 360

I fail to see how adding ESPN3 is penalizing ANYBODY. If you didn't have it before, and still don't, what is the penalty? That somebody didn't give you something? Seems neutral to me.

Businesses offer incentives all the time. A bank will give a higher interest rate if you put above a certain dollar amount in. Is that a penalty to those who don't? A business will offer a reduced price for items if you buy above a certain quantity? Is that a penalty to those who buy less?

Now, understand, there's a lot about BHN that I complain about, but I don't see how this is a complainable offense.

because i was hoping bhn would offer espn3.

but you are penalizing those who spend as much money for your internet service which is bad business.

but, hey congrats...finally after complaining to you folks for over a decade about my landlord stealing your cable, you finally pulled the plug on him. and you wonder why bhn is not among my favorite companies?
so you dont like bnh because your landlord stole basic analog cable?

its penalizing people who have bhn internet but not their cable.

yeah, the slumlord stole cable for well over a decade. it was okay for me to pay for my cable although, i am disabled and live on a fixed income.

i have other complaints about their cable. the picture pixelates during sports (doesn't happen with my satellite). their software is bad. and they are now starting to offer stuff, satellite offered years ago.....remote scheduling. and you haven't even gotten multi room viewing.

"its penalizing people who have bhn internet but not their cable."

Read my post and respond to it rather than just stating an opinion--explain WHY; what is the rationale for the opinion?

So you say banks who give higher interest to large depositors are penalizing the low balance people?

So you say businesses that give something free to customers who buy two things but not to customers who buy one thing are penalizing the person who buys one thing?

In other words. businesses cannot offer incentives?

I will say I don't like the tendency of businesses to give perks, discounts, incentives, freebies, better plans, etc to new customers but not to long-time, devoted customers. But it is perfectly their right to do so--to try to generate more business. If you were running a business, you would try to expand it as well--or would you be content to not seek more business? I guess from what I have read, you would only advertise, but not ever offer any incentive to get new customers--because that would penalize existing customers? As I said, I don't like that, but I surely understand why they do it. Even so, the current situation is not talking about existing customers vs. new ones, but about "big" customers vs. "smaller" ones.

Last edited:
i have no problem with bhn offering a service to people who have their cable. but why penalize those who don't, even if they have their internet? none of the other cable/internet providers who offer espn3 do this to their customers.

i explained that sevral posts ago in response to another bhn internet customer who has satellite who is unhappy he won't get espn3.

iceturkee " i have no problem with bhn offering a service to people who have their cable. but why penalize those who don't,"

In other words, offer the service to people who have their TV cable AND to people who don't--which means, they are not allowed to offer an incentive. Your position is convoluted and contradictory; the second part contradicts the first--so long as you view not offering the whatever to the people who don't qualify as being a penalty.

They can offer the incentive so long as they offer it to everybody? If people who don't have the TV service can get the espn3, then how are they incentivized to buy the TV service? There is no incentive there, obviously. The purpose would be completely defeated.

I give up; I can't discuss nonsense.

you are the one not getting it. all i am saying is when veruzon and comcast offer espn3 to their internet only customers, why can't time warner. i pay over 60 dollars a month for my internet from bhn, why penalize me because i don't have your cable?

is it really that difficult for you to grasp?

I fail to see how adding ESPN3 is penalizing ANYBODY. If you didn't have it before, and still don't, what is the penalty? That somebody didn't give you something? Seems neutral to me.

Businesses offer incentives all the time. A bank will give a higher interest rate if you put above a certain dollar amount in. Is that a penalty to those who don't? A business will offer a reduced price for items if you buy above a certain quantity? Is that a penalty to those who buy less?

Now, understand, there's a lot about BHN that I complain about, but I don't see how this is a complainable offense.

There certainly is a lot to complain about. And I agree this is not one..

Its pretty simple concept. Those who pay for ESPN get ESPN3.. (Which is why you have to have at least the standard TV package which includes ESPN)

"its penalizing people who have bhn internet but not their cable."

Read my post and respond to it rather than just stating an opinion--explain WHY; what is the rationale for the opinion?

So you say banks who give higher interest to large depositors are penalizing the low balance people?

So you say businesses that give something free to customers who buy two things but not to customers who buy one thing are penalizing the person who buys one thing?

In other words. businesses cannot offer incentives?

I will say I don't like the tendency of businesses to give perks, discounts, incentives, freebies, better plans, etc to new customers but not to long-time, devoted customers. But it is perfectly their right to do so--to try to generate more business. If you were running a business, you would try to expand it as well--or would you be content to not seek more business? I guess from what I have read, you would only advertise, but not ever offer any incentive to get new customers--because that would penalize existing customers? As I said, I don't like that, but I surely understand why they do it. Even so, the current situation is not talking about existing customers vs. new ones, but about "big" customers vs. "smaller" ones.

I will say BHN is pretty good at allowing long time customers to take advantage of new packages for "new customers" If you know about the package and demand it you will more then likely get it without "too" much fuss. For example I just got my mother moved to the 109/month triple play package shes had cable since the CVI days with the same company/variant of it. They had no problem moving her to the new plan, (She already had triple play but was paying the old package over 130/month.)

its penalizing people who have bhn internet but not their cable.

yeah, the slumlord stole cable for well over a decade. it was okay for me to pay for my cable although, i am disabled and live on a fixed income.

i have other complaints about their cable. the picture pixelates during sports (doesn't happen with my satellite). their software is bad. and they are now starting to offer stuff, satellite offered years ago.....remote scheduling. and you haven't even gotten multi room viewing.

It pixelates only during sports? I Watch sports and dont get pixelation, have you ever tried calling in and reporting your issue to get it resolved? Satellite doesn't have a true multi-room dvr either. You can use one box for 2 tv's, sure. One has to be standard definition though. When bhn's does come out it will be TRUE multi room with high definition capabilities on ALL of the tv sets, not 1 or 2.

you honestly seem like your just nit picking anything you can possibly find to complain about. Feel free to switch your services and see how much better the competition is. There is a reason why verizon is struggling to compete in the Tampa market and satellite has (if i remember correctly) under 10% penetration in the market.

you are the one not getting it. all i am saying is when veruzon and comcast offer espn3 to their internet only customers, why can't time warner. i pay over 60 dollars a month for my internet from bhn, why penalize me because i don't have your cable?

is it really that difficult for you to grasp?

You can downgrade to rr light for only 32/month.

You are not being penalized at all. They are not taking away anything they have already promised to provide you for the money you pay. They are are however rewarding customers who already pay for ESPN (via the TV package) to access other ESPN Features including ESPN3.com... They are also allowing Sports Pack customers to get ESPN Goal Line (football and basketball) So are they penalizing non-sports pack customers by offering this only to sports pack customers?

It pixelates only during sports? I Watch sports and dont get pixelation, have you ever tried calling in and reporting your issue to get it resolved? Satellite doesn't have a true multi-room dvr either. You can use one box for 2 tv's, sure. One has to be standard definition though. When bhn's does come out it will be TRUE multi room with high definition capabilities on ALL of the tv sets, not 1 or 2.

you honestly seem like your just nit picking anything you can possibly find to complain about. Feel free to switch your services and see how much better the competition is. There is a reason why verizon is struggling to compete in the Tampa market and satellite has (if i remember correctly) under 10% penetration in the market.

trust me, i am very happy with directv. i have been with them for 6 years and have zero complaints.

and yes, i have real mrv with hd in both the living room and bedroom. perhaps, you should study your satellite competition first before commenting.

I will say BHN is pretty good at allowing long time customers to take advantage of new packages for "new customers" If you know about the package and demand it you will more then likely get it without "too" much fuss. For example I just got my mother moved to the 109/month triple play package shes had cable since the CVI days with the same company/variant of it. They had no problem moving her to the new plan, (She already had triple play but was paying the old package over 130/month.)

So, is there any way we can find out about deals so we can ask for them?

So, is there any way we can find out about deals so we can ask for them?

They do the bulk of their "specials" advertising via direct mail. Which is certainly the most effective way. By sending direct mail (postal and email) to current customers to entice them to upgrade. They save money because they just include the ad with the bill they already send.

So aside from checking the website, and asking friends or even call brighthouse (or insert any company name here) and tell them your interested in becoming a customer and want to get a best deal they have, then call back and ask for the deal you were previously quoted. Sometimes though you may not be able to get the "exact" deal as it could be just a special the sales team you spoke to are allowed to offer, but they certainly can work to make it as close to your offer as possible. The current best rates I know of know in CFL area are Triple play (TV (including HD), Phone and Internet) for 109. And you can usually get a few months of a premium free as well (hbo typically)

trust me, i am very happy with directv. i have been with them for 6 years and have zero complaints.

and yes, i have real mrv with hd in both the living room and bedroom. perhaps, you should study your satellite competition first before commenting.

I was referring more to dish network since I used to work for them, Im unsure of directv's offerings.

your definatly one of the few that are happy with them. Im constantly reconnecting service for people who tried it and switched right back when the first storm came rolling through.

I was referring more to dish network since I used to work for them, Im unsure of directv's offerings.

your definatly one of the few that are happy with them. Im constantly reconnecting service for people who tried it and switched right back when the first storm came rolling through.

my dishes are perfectly aligned so i rarely lose service unless its pouring rain. and people i know with directv are perfectly happy.

Well in some bad news today ESPN3 may not be available till the end of Football season.. So we still have a few more months to wait before we get access but I am still happy to see we well be getting ESPN3 and I can wait!!

actually from what espn just told me, it may not be unti december before espn3.com is available, which pretty much concurs with what justin posted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts