Birdview LNBF mount

N6BY

Geek
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Roseville, CA 121W
The photo shows the LNBF mount I am trying to use with my Birdview dish. The LNBF is held in place using an interference fit that has some black electrical tape wound around the throat.

I used the same mount with my previous Birdview dish and it worked OK, but not great. I need to come up with a better mount because I have found that KU LNBF placement is very critical. Also, as you can see in the photo the LNBF is sagging a bit.

I need something where I can adjust the focal distance and tighten it when its optimized. A couple of millimeters can be 2 dB of difference in signal.

Any ideas?

BvMount.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
I'd be tempted to get a thick piece of plexiglass, and drill it out to fit inside. Or, make it square, and bolt it over the original hole. Then drill a new center hole just big enough for the KU lnb to fit. Don't use wood, because when it gets wet it'll swell up.

Reactions: N6BY and Titanium
I'd be tempted to get a thick piece of plexiglass, and drill it out to fit inside. Or, make it square, and bolt it over the original hole. Then drill a new center hole just big enough for the KU lnb to fit. Don't use wood, because when it gets wet it'll swell up.
Thats a good idea. I still have a small piece of 1/2" PVC which would substitute for plexiglass. This time I could use a drill instead of a jigsaw to cut the hole more accurately.

Reactions: primestar31
I used a 15/16" drill bit to make the LNBF hole. That was a little small so I round filed it till it barely fit. The small square of PVC is attached to the LNB mounting plate with a couple of screws. Adjustment is very easy now and it stays in place. :)

SideView.jpg

Below is the view RimaNTSS wanted. I hadn't really noticed it until I took this photo, but now I can see that the KU LNBF is off center. Tomorrow I'll try to fix that.

DishView.jpg

another stab hh90 question

The "best" FTA Receiver in 2020

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)