Blank screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ageism

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Two days ago I have been experiencing a blank screen for a few seconds. Will be watching live tv or a recorded program and the screen goes blank. Do not know why and hope the station or direct is doing it and not my equipment. Is anyone out there having the same problem? If not does anyone know what is going on? Thank you ahead of time for your help. One more thing it happens several times a day. I have a HR24/500. OK, after posting this I was watching a recorded program and the screen went blank several times. I backed up the program and where the screen went blank the recorded program was there. So that means the blank screen is always in real time. Help again please!

Last edited:
I have a similar problem with my client, i get the white screen but still have the picture in the upper left hand corner! i just go to the guide and back to programing and it goes back to normal............

I just reread my post and realized I did not make myself clear. The blank screen is like you loose the signal. Like turning the receiver on and the tv is also on. It goes black and the info 1920 x 1080 shows up in the upper right corner. Hope it isn't my receiver.

Have you checked your cables? More specifically your connection from the box to the television?

The other thing to check = all the power cords.
For some reason many recent TVs & devices are shipped with a power cord that gets plugged into the component during installation / set-up. As stuff is done on the installation those cords get bumped and they do not take much to loosen them up. So just start shaking cables and wires until you duplicate the problem....then tighten that sucker up.

The other thing to look for, especially in a recent installation is an uncompressed fiting. Just lightly tug on each new / recent fitting. None should be capable of pulling apart; they should be strong enough to lift the TV for a brief period.

In very old installations check all outside fittings for water. Cables into ground blocks & multiswitches will eventually burn out like a spark plug from the freezing and thawing of fittings with a water leak. (rare)

Like Chip says, check yer fittings.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)