Blcoking after the event

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
While I understand sports blocking, I was suprized to see the NHL network blocking the replay of last nights Pittsburgh/Philadelphia game. Like if I see it on TV I won't go to Pittsburgh last night to watch it live? Heck, that is a 5 hour drive and we are not in the Pittsburgh DMAwe are in the Wilkes-Barre, DMA, but the blackout may possibly be for the Philadelphia DMA (like I am going to travel there, too as it is a 2 hr drive. Anyway, no game today but the replay was blacked out. I know this is the NHL and not Dish, but something is screwey here.

The game was on Pittsburgh's rsn, due to that NHL has to black it out since WB is in their dma as is Flyers *double whammy I guess. The live game wasn't blacked out on NBCSports in WB (I am outside Scranton and have the same situation).

I think you're missing his point, which was that, as a re-run, viewability on TV is physically incapable of affecting ticket sales.

I think you're missing his point, which was that, as a re-run, viewability on TV is physically incapable of affecting ticket sales.

NHL channel replays are blackouted during the regular season, don't think there is a different rule for the playoffs since earlier playoff game involving the Rangers all the replays were blacked out as well. Note: the replay on Pitts rsn wasn't blacked out. If OP subscribed to the Multi-sports pack, it would have been viewable since he/she is in the dma between me and Pittsburgh. I'm sure if Dish had Comcast-Philly, the replay wouldn't have been blacked out in Wilkes Barre either, nor would the games MSG has if Dish carried this rsn.

Last edited:

Which may miss the point there would be less need for NHL Center Ice, MLB IE, etc.. if reruns were in the clear...

Hopper problem Puerto Rico

Both games of double header not being shown?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)