Blindscan question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrweather

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Toronto, Canada
When scanning the linear birds what is the accepted frequency range?

I know DBS satellites use 12.2-12.75 GHz. In general, is there anything above 12.2 GHz on FSS birds?

The reason I ask is I've had interference issues before while blindscanning a linear satellite that's adjacent to a DBS one (for example, AMC 9 which is only a degree off from Nimiq 2).

Iceberg said:
KU Band is 11.7-12.2 HGZ

LOw Band (PAS9) is 10.7-11.7 :)

Galaxy 11 may have a low band in its future, according to Panamsat's website and lyngsat but I've yet to see anything there.

Edit: Delving deeper it seems this may actually be something from the past and is no longer applicable to this satellite.

Last edited:
mark_calgary said:
Galaxy 11 may have a low band in its future, according to Panamsat's website and lyngsat but I've yet to see anything there.

Edit: Delving deeper it seems this may actually be something from the past and is no longer applicable to this satellite.

Lygnsat lists a few TPs on G11 for low band. Never tried and lygnsat isn't always up to date.

We used to have 10.7 to 11.7 GHz for U.S.A. in the past, but sadly it's been reallocated to other use.:(

The decision was made by the FCC and posibliy by the ITU " U.N. radio reg, kinda like the FCC"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)