Blockbuster & Netfilx.... Attn: New Yorkers.

i live in pa i just tried netflix they shipped on tuesday got them today 1 day service awsome

Well, I am not in NY, but for me NetFlix shipping time greatly depends on whether particular titles are available in a local warehouse, or not. In many cases they are, and they usually arrive next day, sometimes a day later. If they ship them from Texas it takes up to three days. Many titles in my queue show short or long wait and cannot be shipped immediately, so I try to keep the queue big enough to avoid shipment delays. The first month when I joined NetFlix I was able to turn up to six discs a week (on a three-disc plan), now it's more like three discs per week, which is still great, IMO.

I like that they have almost all announced HD DVD titles on their list. By the way, today they added six more: Dazed and Confused, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, End of Days, Land of the Dead, The Fast and the Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Same as Ilya for me. I just had a cheezy DVD come from Chicago (Shipped Fri, got it Wed). Sucks that I have to send it back there as well. So one of my 3-out is pretty much shot for this week.

I still think I will try Blockbuster after my current month of Netflix is up.

-John

BTW, Netflix is still missing Friday Night Lights & Pitch Black in HD DVD.

It used to be 24-48 hours - shipped from the city, IIRC somewhere in Queens - but I remember recently my wife noted that stuff comes slower, like 3 days at least, from some Cali location.

I have just checked the one I am having with me: the return address is Queens (Flushing, NY), only the arriving red Netflix envelope says San Jose, CA but that's rather a general titling of their official envelope.

Last edited:
I just joined Netflix a couple weeks ago. I live about an hour west of Chicago. So far if I send one back, they get it the next day, and the day after that a new movie is in my mail box.

Welcome to the forum, PowerCommunications! :wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)