Blocking software updates

There are two ways.

1. Disconnect the 625 from its satellite feed(s)
2. Disconnect the 625 from its power source

Both ways will prevent a software upgrade.

With older receivers, you had the option to block the software update but that was only if E* didn't send a "mandatory update". With the new receivers the only options are what Cyclone suggested.

With older receivers, you had the option to block the software update but that was only if E* didn't send a "mandatory update". With the new receivers the only options are what Cyclone suggested.
Are you telling me that it will update while you're using it? :eek: I was thinking that, if you never turned the unit off, then you might block the udpate.

OK, I'll ask the dumb question: why block the software updates?
Read threads here and on the other Dish-centric forums about the latest release (3.65) for the 5xx DVRs. Anyone who doesn't have this POS on their system already should block it immediately.

The have also been updates for the 921 which should not have seen the light of day.

THIS ISSUE, is why were going with FIOS tv once its available here after about 10 years of E.

They are a mature company now, and should know better!

If every sub they downloaded junk software too cancelled this sort of nonsense would end immediately!

Yeah I am guilty of tolerating it too:(

FIOS internet working GREAT here, TV coming soon!

THIS ISSUE, is why were going with FIOS tv once its available here after about 10 years of E.

They are a mature company now, and should know better!

If every sub they downloaded junk software too cancelled this sort of nonsense would end immediately!

Yeah I am guilty of tolerating it too:(

FIOS internet working GREAT here, TV coming soon!

If you haven't had FIOS tv yet you can't know how great FIOS tv is. I have comcast. My dvr, or more generically my receiver, has issues like everybodys dvr from everybodys company. And guess which model verizon uses? The same box I have from comcast! The motorola 6412. If you think other companies have no issues then you are smoking something. Every receiver from every company has known receiver issues, software issues, and so on. My guide takes 24 hours to download. 24 HOURS!! But I'm not stupid enough to say, enough with comcast, I'm going to x company!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)