Status
Please reply by conversation.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Ok.. I am a "book learner." I want to learn as much as I can about FTA - as I hope to set myself up to enter this world later this fall.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good book to read to get started?

The best book you can get is right here on this forum! It just isn't in book form.

If you use the search feature, you can line up most of what you are looking for in consecutive chronological order.

That might not be a bad idea for the mods and staff. Start copying and pasting from these forums and put it in book form.

I am sure it would sell if you published it. Heck, you could probably sell enough copies just to the members here if it truly was organized as a book. You could publish it yourselves in a binder, and wouldn't have to worry about paying the publisher. Just make sure to copyright it.

linuxman said:
The best book you can get is right here on this forum! It just isn't in book form.

If you use the search feature, you can line up most of what you are looking for in consecutive chronological order.

That might not be a bad idea for the mods and staff. Start copying and pasting from these forums and put it in book form.

I am sure it would sell if you published it. Heck, you could probably sell enough copies just to the members here if it truly was organized as a book. You could publish it yourselves in a binder, and wouldn't have to worry about paying the publisher. Just make sure to copyright it.

I realize that - but sometimes you just want a resource in one place to read through; its hard to figure out where to start with understanding the various issues involved in setting up FTA. I sort of look at finding a reference work as a way to organize my thoughts, and then take advantage of all of the great resources on Satelliteguys!

Rocky,

I got this book for Christmas in 2005. It is a great overview for many of the things that are regularly discussed here. It makes a great reference and I am very happy to have it in my collection! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did. "Two thumbs up", in m opinion.

Cheers,
Hantu

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What does high quality, low signal mean?

2700A Clock is fixed!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)