Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyhas1000legs

That's a lot of claws!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Western Slope, CO
Does anyone here bowl? I'm duckpin bowling for the first time in 23 years, and failing miserably. I bowled 10-pin for about 20 years, with an average of 174 by the time I finished. Now with duckpin, I can't break 100. Anyone here bowl, whether in a league or fun? Any recommended beers for bowling? Am I too drunk to be posting right now?

Duckpin bowling is fun! I bowled candlepin for many years, but when we went on vacation to the beach in Milford Ct, we would go to a duckpin place. It's such a fun cross between ten-pin and candlepin. It's probably easier transition for a candlepin bowler. I was a very good bowler BUt when I tried to bowl ten pin it was pretty funny, I felt like I had never been on lanes in life. :). I bet with a little more time you'll get proficient at it. I miss bowling, I keep thinking I should join a league. Always helps when drinks are available :D

My wife and I both bowl. Our 5 year old bowls in a youth league as well.

My average fluctuates between 203 and 215 depending on the league.

Both my wife and I are on the boards for our respective local USBC associations. Men and Women are still separate in Dallas when it comes to the local association.

I probably haven't bowled in over ten years, even though I own my own ball and shoes. Seems to me that when I could go, all or almost all lanes were in use by leagues.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

People often ask me why I spend $180-200 on a bowling ball. Those same people golf and I ask them why they would spend $300 or more on one golf club? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts