Box shuts off during movie

NYRANGERS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Manahawkin, NJ
I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000HD and twice this week when I am watching a DVD on my home theater the box shut off causing the TV to shut off as well. So the second time it happened I checked the Menu of the box to make sure a timer wasn't set. While I was doing that the box just shut off again and it rebooted. It turned out that it never fully rebooted and I had to manually reboot the box. Is there something wrong with the box?

There might be. I've had problems with my SA8K Explorer. Most of mine were in the recording area.

I had a fudged recording that whenever I tried to fast forward, it would lock up and reboot. Comcast suggested swapping out the box.

Grr.. If I miss House again.....

Hey, I got a good one for ya. Was recording ConAir, and the box must have shut down, because I got two recordings. ConAir 1hr 37min. AND ConAir 23min. :)

Quality all the way, baby!!!
-John

GaryPen said:
So, you missed the one where House sleeps with Cameron?

Stop it. All I know is he's asking her back when she gets off the treadmill and the thing froze.

Next week she's back and they're dating.

I was just playing with you. I made it up, of course. But, the "date" was last night, and she is back. If I would have known you needed a copy, I would have off-loaded to DVD for you before I erased it. Unfortunately, it's gone now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)