BSC621 C/Ku & Azbox premium +

leoq

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Yesterday I got to use my Premium + box for the first time. I did some settings on my own and could scan and receive C-Band TP's signal, however I have not been able to receive Ku at all.

The LNB I have is a C/KU lnb model BSC621, dish is a 6Ft.

My settings for the KU band (hunting) are as follows:
Sat Name : 125 AMC 21
LNB frequency : 10750
Disecq : SW21-Dish 1
22khz tone : off
0/12V : 0V
LNB power
TP frequency : 11040
Positioner : off

Can anyone advice me on what is needed to be corrected? thanks,

Last edited:
Is the 621 the 621 or 621-2? KU settings are different

How is the LNB hooked up? Via a Diseqc switch? 22k?

TP frequency is bad...should change it to 12180 V 30000

If its a 621 that is a standard LNB so the LNB frequency is fine. If you used the jumper then diseqc is OFF and 22k is set to on
If its a 621-2 that is a Universal so the frequency needs to be changed to 9750/10600. Again if you use the jumper then Diseqc is Diseqc 1.0 port 2

I am having problems!

I did as recomended above but eventhough it is scanning "Ku," for some unknown reasons, the channels I get are all from the "C" band. I This is the only Sat that I have worked on; 125 W. Maybe should move to some other KU sat!

The channels I get are all from Galaxy 14. There is no way I can get AMC 1. I have deleted Galaxy 14 and its TPs, but still I can not get AMC 1, still I get the Gal 14 channels!

Can somebody help???

Hi

If you are using a DiseQc switch it sounds like it's not switching correctly and staying on C-Band,

If you are running two coax cables then just to test try hooking it straight up for ku only...

If you are using the 22hz to switch from ku to c-band then it may not be switching.....Try connecting straight to the ku band lnb and not use any switches..

Make sure your connections are correct on at the lnb, best I remember it has 3 connections, one is for c-band, one for ku band and one if the jumper is used...

If its the 621-2 then you need to set it up as a Universal LNB (9750/10600)

how is the LNB hooked up? Are you using the jumper from the KU side to the C-Band side or 2 lines to a diseqc switch?

Thanks Iceberg!! I finally got it to work. Followed your advise and did a minor change in some other part of the setting and BINGO !!!

Thanks again!!!
Leoq.

Thanks Ironsides. and Iceberg!!! \\

Yes that happened to me once about 15 months ago. I went doing all sort of changes in the wsettings and nothing. Finally by luck I thought of the LNB. You know, it was working fine and without a sign just simpy died on me. Thanks again you guys!!

I use a BSC621 lnb with circular plate removed, 4x DISEqC switch. I also had problems with a common focal point. One post mentioned putting a spacer on ku part to have a closer focal point, another post mentioned ku lnb can turn inside and get off centered.
So I removed lnb and looked to modify as mentioned. What I found was female coax connection stuck out so far, it prevented part from resting in u shape center, ( this allowed turning and keeping it a 1/4 inch distance, thus spacer)
I took off ku housing, removed parts and drilled hole big enough for coax to go all the way in and would allow part to rest in u shape center which stopped turning and made focal allot closer, had to put a couple washers on so nut would tighten. If interested I could remove and take pictures, I don't know what drill size used, but could use drill index and find out while removing to take pictures. I use now with azbox elite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts