BSC621 Information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I just set up a 1.8m Prime Focus dish and i want to know the best LNBF to use on it. I am in the Caribbean and i am some what interested in AMC4 Ku-band for I doubt I will get C-band. I am wondering if the BSC621 will be a good option.

I currently have the Invacom SNH-031 installed and I am getting 3ABN at 60 to 84% quality. 84% on evenings/night and 60+ during the day. Is there a better LNBF I can use?

Photo of installed Prime Focus Antenna

Attachments

• PIC00020.JPG
    PIC00020.JPG
    311.2 KB · Views: 152
Well, in theory, any Invacom LNB with a flange instead of a horn
eg: snf-031, twf-031, qpf-031, etc. . . .
when attached to their ADF-120 feedhorn, should allow the LNB to get signal from the entire surface of the dish.
Most offset LNBs have an f/d ratio of about .6 or .7, which is a narrower beam.
The ADF-120 has an f/d of around .3 to .4, (wide beam) which matches your prime focus dish.

So, if you are interested in spending money for more signal, that might get you some.
Please research the matter, and get input from others.
Like I said, this is the theory, but I haven't read where anyone reported actually measuring the results.

I've read nothing to suggest the C/Ku LNBs you are looking at would give you better performance than what you have.
Generally, the Ku portion of those dual-band units (there are two brands), is not up to the (down to the?) noise figure of your Invacom.
And more importantly, one of the brands documents its Ku f/d in the .6 to .7 range. :(

That's a pretty dish. :cool:
Is your daytime reception not acceptable?
Or do you just have too little rain-fade margin?

Hi greggorg48:

I'm in Colombia, close to medellín at 6N, 75W; and also i've a Fortecstar 1.8 mts.

I tried the BSC621C-2, the BSC321SP and the QPF-031.

To see FTA the BSC321C-2 is my choice because it works fine in C-Band and also in Ku with a extended range of frecuencies.

The BSC321SP has a limited frecuencies range, works only in Ku band but is cheap.

The QPF-031 is the best to get it's limited range of recuencies, it's very powerful and works with circular polarity. Unfortunally it's range is incomplete.

Also i adapted a QPH-031 which is of lower price, works fine but get lower area of the dish; but still it works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)