BSOD Worse after 2.81

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Is it me or does the "Black Screen Of Death" Happen more frequent now? It also appears to be harder to recover. Before I could hold down the power button and reset it to get the picture back. No I have to unplug the piece of crap from power. Which is a pain. ???

same here, i have been talking with support at dishnet every day, was promised this update would fix the problem, finding out it only made it worse, so far they have exchanged receivers, had me buy a new hd cable(telling me this was bad and caused the problem), tried using just a s video instead of the hd outlet, nothing has ever helped, they just told me last nite that a tech will come out to check out the cable coming from the dish on Monday, told me that they think this the problem, we will see and will repost

chastulsa said:
Is it me or does the "Black Screen Of Death" Happen more frequent now? It also appears to be harder to recover. Before I could hold down the power button and reset it to get the picture back. No I have to unplug the piece of crap from power. Which is a pain. ???

You're not alone... While I haven't gotten the BSOD that often, resetting via the power button doesn't work for me either, so I've just been using the plug. I haven't seen a mentioning from Dish that there's a fix for this on the way. The only thing the mentioned a fix for was the exact opposite, the 811 wont power on sometimes, which they plan to fix in January, maybe this problem will be addressed at the same time.

Jimmy J said:
Hey chastulsa, just noticed in your signature "Modded Xbox". What's that? :rolleyes:

Thanx.
Well,

Its a Xbox with a 120GB HD instead of the 8. Just tap some sodder on a jumper to by pass MS bios, copy new Bios and you dont have to use the cdrom you can just copy any game to the HD and scroll through your playlist, if they get old just delete the game.

I dont see no problem talking about hot to upgrade your hard drive on your XBOX, however, this is not an XBOX forum or thread about the XBOX, so please take the XBOX chatter to our chit chat forum. :)

Dishnetwork 811: $49 dollars
HDTY Setup: $1000 dollars
2.81 Software Upgrade: $? dollars of development

Rebooting randomly with 2 outs in the top of 9th of the world series: Priceless

Stupid box :)

I've only had issues with the BSOD when going from an OTA channel to a Sat channel, and in each case I've had to unplug the unit. This seems to occur where I would have had an acquiring satellite issue before.

My solutions (I usually leave the 811 on all the time) is to always tune the 811 to a sat station before I leave it for long periods of time.

I do like that prev ch seems to be working.

Cheers,

chastulsa said:
Well I guess I have been lucky only had DIsh and the 811 ONE WEEK but not a one BSOD.

When does it happen just at any time i do watch alot of HD locals OTA.

Thanks

Trido

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)