Bunch of Questions!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Hey folks, I've been out of the game for a while, and now that I'm having some problems with my stuff and have some free time here I am. :) I have a bunch of questions, and I'll list them out so they'll be easier to answer:

1)On G19, my signal has been staying at 28-30% and every once in a while (like 2-3 times in the last few days), has been going back to about 60% and working. Weird thing is, when it is at 28-30% (most of the time), it shows that signal across all channels and satellites. This leads me to believe there is either a problem with the box or with the connection on the satellite end. Any thoughts?

2)I remember while I was here before, the GEOSATpro MicroHD was coming out. Now that it's out...how do you guys like it?

3)Are there any dual output PLL LNBs? I would really like to try one of these.

4)I found a seller on eBay that has some GEOSAT stuff for cheaper than their online store. Is this legit? Seller has 100% positive reviews I think.

I'll post more questions as I think of them, but for now, thanks a ton guys! :eek:

1. If the signal seems low on certain satellites, it an alignment issue. If the signal seems low on all satellites, then it's an issue with the connections, cable, or LNB.

2. I do not know as I do not own one.

3. Not that I am aware of. Just use a dual feedhorn and mount two PLL LNBS on it.

4. eBay has buyer protection, if you get scammed, you will get your money back.

2. Yes this Receiver has became my daily runner. It works great and I love it.

3. Yes there is a Universal one the Avenger PLL322S-2, I have one and it works pretty good.

4. Yes that seller is legit ;)...I assume you are talking about pushok100. Very good guy to deal with also.

2. I LOVE it
3. SatelliteAV says the dual LNB they have sold for a while gives real good results like the single PLL does

If your signal levels are varying across all satellites and channels I think I would first check the outdoor cable connectors for water damage. Especially if they were not waterproofed well.
If those are ok, then your dish may need to be retracked to the arc.

TEST12345,

As for the signal issue, I agree with the other responses. Check all of your cables and connectors first. Best method is to take your receiver right out to the dish with a portable TV and use a short "KNOWN GOOD" cable to patch in directly to the LNBF and check your signal there. If that is GOOD, work your way back to the house, checking the signal at each and every junction that you have. Don't forget to check any switches you may have. Route hardwired around them to see if they are creating a problem for you. If you have just one big long cable with no splices or junctions all the way into the house, then try replacing the cable ends and make sure you do a professional job at it and you will probably resolve your troubles. If it doesn't, and you know the signal is good right at the satellite dish, then maybe the cable is damaged along the way - look for tight radius bends or external damage to the cable (like a squirrel chewed on it) or a nail through it, etc.

RADAR

Thanks for the replies, guys! I wonder if my PQ will improve going to a box that outputs 1080P over HDMI.

Actually, the signal does not vary. When it is down, it stays at 28% across all satellites and channels. So I am assuming it is either the connector, or the receiver.

Appreciate the help!

The connection to your TV has absolutely no affect on the Signal Quality readings between the dish/LNBF and the receiver.

But if the receiver isn't receiving the signal or processing the signal (or whatever) correctly, wouldn't that have an effect? One time our receiver messed up and we tried everything short of replacing the receiver. When we got a new one everything worked great; with the messed up receiver the channels wouldn't show even when the signal was very strong.

I think I just really want a reason to get your microhd and pll lnb. :D

If it's your signal level dropping to 28, I suspect a break in the LNB coax, somewhere between the LNBF and the FTA receiver.
If it's been out in the weather a few years there's also the possibility of broken/intermittent/corroded connectors, water infiltration, etc. Time to give it a 'once over'.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)