Buying microHD in Toronto Canada??

stbel55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
canada
:) I'm very impressed with the specs and early reviews about the geosat micro HD. I will be watching this thread for testing and performance stats. I know someone posted a dealer in Montreal Canada thats carrying this box but I am hoping for a dealer closer to Toronto Canada. If anyone has has info I'm intresed for sure!!! This box in on my buy list soon.:p ( PS holding off buying openbox X3 right now )

Thankyou AV, will call today when they open at 11:30. ( Checked their website and they don't mention geosat. Maybe new receiver for them? ):)

Dr. Sat will carry the microHD as soon as it becomes available in Canada. It has not yet been made available to Canadian dealers by the exclusive distributor in Canada. Watch the Dr. Sat website since it should soon list the microHD with cost but show "Out of Stock" until first shipment arrives.

does anyone know how much the microHD will cost in Canada?
RPS Satellite has a picture but no price
Dr. Sat :: Satellite TV * OTA local TV * IPTV * Home phone * Internet has no mention of it at all that I can see, not even a 'coming soon'

Is anybody going to buy directly from SatelliteAV(and risk brokerage/customs fees)? If so what was the total cost including shipping?

I'd like to take advantage of the June 29 special offer but unless I know what total I'm getting $20 deducted from, I'm hesitant to buy

Is anybody going to buy directly from SatelliteAV(and risk brokerage/customs fees)? If so what was the total cost including shipping? I'd like to take advantage of the June 29 special offer but unless I know what total I'm getting $20 deducted from, I'm hesitant to buy

If you do not wish to wait for your local reseller to carry the micro HD here are two options that we are offering.

We are selling the microHD to Canadian customers in two methods.

1. $125US with $20US off shipping and a free Ecoda 2x1 22KHz switch. You are responsible for brokerage and customs.
or
2. Shipped from within Canada for $125CA plus CA tax and shipping minus the $20 discount. The item will be shipped directly from our distributor in Canada once they have received the product and will not incur brokerage or customs fees. Your shipping cost and tax will vary and be based on where you live.

If you want to know how much the tax and shipping will be on a Canadian order, just call!!! We will calculate and you can decide before purchase....

Last edited:
So the end user price from a Canadian dealer is CDN$125? I say dealer since I was told by the Canadian distributor they do not sell to end users. Just asking because I was warned by a Canadian dealer that end user price might be higher than offered from satelliteAV depending on the Canadian distributor cost to the dealer. I think we're all a little sensitive until we actually see a price posted on the Canadian dealer webpages.

:canada: OK Canadian guys and gals....... Seriously???? :confused: First of all, Please support your local Canadian satellite equipment reseller! :canada:

You guys constantly complain that you don't get good deals and how tough brokerage and customs are on you when you buy from the US. Now Satellite AV offers you a promotional price with your choice of shipping from the US or shipping from within Canada and you complain looks too good to be true so you will wait and see.... Really???

No, the Canadian distributor does not sell to end users. They are a wholesale distributor and only sell to resellers. Sorry to hear that you troubled them with that request!

You are seeing Satellite AV's price for a Canadian customer to purchase, but only applicable if you want to buy. If you want to wait, that really is also OK. We are not trying to force our wonderful brothers and sisters of the north to accept our price and special promotional offer.

If you want to buy a microHD at the special promo price before June 29th from Satellite AV, with delivery to your Canadian address from a Canadian distribution warehouse (using OUR appointed distributor to provide order fulfillment, honoring OUR retail price and to ship to OUR customer), with the understanding that the unit will shipped as soon as the Canadian distributor (our retail fulfillment center) has received their stock. Satellite AV's price to you through 4pm on 6/29/2012 is $125CA + applicable national and provincial tax + shipping (calculated at time of order) minus $20CA on debit and credit card orders placed through OUR telephone sales team.

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

Once I got the clarification over the phone order...I just ordered the units, the discount alone offset shipping charges for Canadian! Heck, my Openbox cost more that micoHD, not to mention without any future support (knock wood it doesn't break down tomorrow) down the road.

I don't like to wait and kick myself later for missing special offer at this time.

Once I got the clarification over the phone order...I just ordered the units, the discount alone offset shipping charges for Canadian! Heck, my Openbox cost more than that micoHD, not to mention without any future support (knock wood it doesn't break down tomorrow) down the road.

For that price, I don't like to wait and kick myself later for missing special offer at this time.

I generally buy stuff on fleabay for this exact reason. Most sellers will ship usps expedited which means I get it quickly and without $60 worth of brokerage fees. I like to buy from Canadian suppliers but only if there is one. In this case there currently isn't one - it appears. I'm looking for something better than the S10, so I guess I'll keep waiting.

Pacificrim,

You are responding to an old thread posting from June before the microHD was in distribution.

The microHD is now available throughout Canada for resellers through Trenton Distributors. The Canadian wholesale distributor is carrying microHD stock in several of their regional warehouses.

There are several Canadian resellers stocking the microHD and posting on their store sites.

Hey Lucky53 it mite be your lucky day haha https://twitter.com/RPSSAT

I picked mine up last week, I think? So I didn't need to wory about shipping, I did get a free hdmi though :)

roger talks a lot about one of his dealers in bc, I'm pretty sure the guys name is louis. Not sure what part of bc hes at, or what the company is called.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts