C2PLL LNBF: How Much Would You Pay?

Would you purchase a C2PLL C-band LNBF? If so, what price?

• Not Interested at Any Price

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • I would buy: $36 - $40

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • I would buy: $31 - $35

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • I would buy: $26 - $30

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I would buy: $20 - $25

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
I am considering manufacturing a PLL C-band LNBF with two outputs. The LNBF package would include a flat scalar and dielectric insert for circular reception. Target specs:150khz stability, 17k and 60dB gain. Focus on minimized harmonics and flat performance from 3.7 - 4.2GHz.

Would you consider purchasing if the unit performed as well as the C2, but with PLL circuitry? How much should the suggested retail price be for you to consider the purchase?

Last edited:
I will be the first to say yes I would be counting down the day that they can be shipped, if you were to manufacture one that is. I always enjoy testing out and try new things like this for FTA. ;)

Comparing to the C2 as it is considered to be one of the better performing C-band LNBF products. One would expect better performance with a PLL based product on S2 narrow bandwidth and high FEC signals.

Since this beast does not exist, I would need to invest in development. Polling the interest and value to the hobbyist before dropping $10K+ into the prototype. Would love to think that I might get a return on investment!

Sell only one and the price per unit would be $20,000.00+. :eek:

Last edited:
If you could give us guys with 6ft dishes a good chance of receiving DVB-S2 like Luken 3920 on 87W would pay $100.

Yes, I think your products are really performing well! I use the c2 dual already and will not change unless the PLL is out there to buy! I'll wait and see if and when it will be ready, good luck :).

If you build the best LNBF, people will buy at any price. I've got $1200 worth of LNBF hangin off my dish. Is it worth it? No not really. So I'm up for better quality at lower prices.

I would be more interested in, is a good C/Ku PLL. The dream LNBF would be a dual output C/Ku PLL. But there seems to be some resistance to the idea that it would be feasable to make a quality unit or there's a market for that.

I would also be very interested in a C/Ku PLL LNBF. Even single output would be fine as my current 741 does not play well with my G box mover.

Satellite AV was the first distributor to offer a combined C/KU LNBF in North America and also the first to quit distributing a C/KU LNBF in North America! ;) Highly doubtful that I would ever consider even a single output design let alone a dual output C/KU type. You can lobby all you want, but C/KU sales have always been lackluster to say the least!

A C/KU LNBF might provide satisfactory KU reception with a full size dish with FD of .3 - .4, the trade off of this convenience is poor KU performance. While the feedhorn and wave guide design could address some of the weaknesses, the truth is that most consumer grade dishes have poor KU performance due to poor surface accuracy and sloppy polar mounts. A small dedicated offset type KU dish with matching LNBF will usually outperform a much larger prime focus dish. My observation is that most hobbyist take this separated band approach rather than deal with the challenges of combined C and KU on their larger dish.

Bottom line: I am looking to produce a new measurement in convenience and performance, not a Swiss Knife approach that has mediocre performance across both bands.

BTW...Latest poll tally = 10 takers! The price is now down to $2,000 per unit! :D

Last edited:
Come on people let's hear your thoughts on this!

A small dedicated offset type KU dish with matching LNBF will usually outperform a much larger prime focus dish. My observation is that most hobbyist take this separated band approach rather than deal with the challenges of combined C and KU on their larger dish.
Save that post for ALL the new guys

not going this route is like not having power steering = rough :everybodydance:

Based on my current toy budget,offer would be $0,realistically however,something in the $30-$50 range would be fine,cheaper is better of course.Yes I am cheap and poor,so it works out well.:D

I'm a noob.

If the universe unfolds as I hope, I will want/need to purchase a dual output C-band LNBF by sometime this fall.

If a new high quality dual output C-band LNBF was available to me at that time, with good feedback from experienced users, I expect I would be willing to pay as much as 20.00 more than alternatives.

I suspect my needs may not align with availability but anywho... I selected 36-40 in the poll.

Status
Please reply by conversation.