C31 now "public"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not going to happen.

The HR2x have no ability to generate and send the requisite bitmap and text overlay information along with the video stream that an RVU client must have to work. I'm betting most of the acreage (and power consumption) in that little box is dedicated to the DECA hardware.

Just wait and see....

I think I'd rather have an HR34 on main tv with two or three HR24's on the other tv's. That way I'm not robbing any tuners and have full functionality on all tv's.

I wonder,if you have the C31 & (obviously) the HR34,if you had another HR2x DVR,since the C31 is supposed to see everything that the HR34 sees & function as an extension of the HR34,could you watch recordings from the HR2x under MRV as the HR34 would do? I'm not asking can the C31 function with the HR2x as it would with the HR34(eliminating the need for so many tuners if you don't really need them),I'm asking can the C31 both see & play MRV recordings on the list from other DVR's like the HR34 should be able to do?

I ask because I saw the video for the C31 & it is supposed to be using the same menu as the HR34,in essence,it's just the HR34 in another room from where the HR34 is physically located.

If the C31 can operate like I described in my previous post,that's just another reason why the HR34/C31 would be superior to the Hopper/Joey system in that you could integrate HR2x DVR's & H2x receivers in your whole home set-up with the HR34/C31 whereas you can't integrate VIP DVR's/receivers with the Hopper/Joey system,my logic being if the HR34 can see it,the C31 should also be able to see it.

What about fees? I know Dtv is going to tack on some fees. Maybe something like 3$ a month per client?

At the moment the C31 only sees the recordings on the HR34, but it is a reasonable expectation that at some point the C31 will be able to see the recordings on other DVRs in the whole-home network.
I wonder,if you have the C31 & (obviously) the HR34,if you had another HR2x DVR,since the C31 is supposed to see everything that the HR34 sees & function as an extension of the HR34,could you watch recordings from the HR2x under MRV as the HR34 would do? I'm not asking can the C31 function with the HR2x as it would with the HR34(eliminating the need for so many tuners if you don't really need them),I'm asking can the C31 both see & play MRV recordings on the list from other DVR's like the HR34 should be able to do?

I ask because I saw the video for the C31 & it is supposed to be using the same menu as the HR34,in essence,it's just the HR34 in another room from where the HR34 is physically located.

Garbage if it is still 6 bucks. A step backwards just like the kangaroo system. The H25 is much better since you can put it in kangaroo mode if you want to steal a tuner.

If it was maybe only an up front cost with no monthly then it would be worth it.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

What's kangaroo mode on the h25??
You hit record on your H25(or other receiver) & then you watch the live recording from the DVR on your H25(or other HD receiver). You can pause & rewind then what you are watching. You are watching whatever from your DVR's tuner on your receiver.

You hit record on your H25(or other receiver) & then you watch the live recording from the DVR on your H25(or other HD receiver). You can pause & rewind then what you are watching. You are watching whatever from your DVR's tuner on your receiver.

u can do that with the c31 supposedly. it has the same function as the hr34( with a few exceptions).

right... u can record something from one c31 to the hr34, turn it off then pick it up at another c31 or regular receiver via mrv.
c31 has trickplay already so u dont need to record something to pause and rewind.

Try making the c31 watch live tv when the hr34 is recording 5 shows, which happens from time to time. Now that would cause an issue in my household. Not worth it to me, that's one of the reasons I left dish and didn't do the kangaroo thing.

true that.
the only real advantage that the c31 has over the h25 is trick play ( without having to do the recording function), vod, size, pandora, less hasle on setup, can access the dvr functions on the hr34( manage recordings, to-do list), built in rf antenna..... did i mention the size?

so small, alot easier to hide.
probably could adhere it to the back of ur tv.

I am intrigued by the C31,but I can also understand the "sticker shock" over paying $6.00 per unit per month over what is basically a slave unit. Also,until it can see recordings from other DVR's like the HR34 can under whole home viewing,it's not really worth getting yet(after it's released).

I am intrigued by the C31,but I can also understand the "sticker shock" over paying $6.00 per unit per month over what is basically a slave unit. Also,until it can see recordings from other DVR's like the HR34 can under whole home viewing,it's not really worth getting yet(after it's released).

yes it has its draw backs. but if the cost of the unit really is the rumored 50$. it sounds a lot better that spending 199 for the hdvr that will basically do the same thing.

and wanting to add on to my previous post comparing h25 and c31. on the c31 u can do double play, pull caller id info from the hr34, and based off of the rumor is half the price of the h25.

Last edited:
yes it has its draw backs. but if the cost of the unit really is the rumored 50$. it sounds a lot better that spending 199 for the hdvr that will basically do the same thing.

and wanting to add on to my previous post comparing h25 and c31. on the c31 u can do double play, pull caller id info from the hr34, and based off of the rumor is half the price of the h25.

Should be half the monthly cost as well since it does half as much.

The dvr would give you two more tuners. This unit would give you one less tuner.

Should be half the monthly cost as well since it does half as much.

The dvr would give you two more tuners. This unit would give you one less tuner.

how in the world to u c that the c31 does less than the h25?
granted it doesnt have its own tuner like the h25. but u gain more at the same time.
the dvr will cost 4 times as much as the c31. so ya u can expect a couple draw backs.
as a person who doesnt record much, this is will work for me. but for a person who records alot i can c the headache.

how in the world to u c that the c31 does less than the h25?
granted it doesnt have its own tuner like the h25. but u gain more at the same time.
the dvr will cost 4 times as much as the c31. so ya u can expect a couple draw backs.
as a person who doesnt record much, this is will work for me. but for a person who records alot i can c the headache.

Bcuz it wood coss baddlz n my haus ovr who tv wood b rekord show. So it do lez 4 same bread yo!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts