cable langth

SpinnerTom,

Try using RG11U cable for the run to the dish outside the house. Get a quality RG11 cable and you might be able to do this. Consult with DN directly, one of their engineers and not just a sales rep and not just a general installation technician.

I can suspect that you can do this with RG11 cable, but I can only go off of theory and that doesn't always hold true in real world applications. You truly need to ask someone who has actually done this previously and was successful.

I doubt you will have a perfect system, but it might work. Otherwise, you need to come up with an installation plan that shortens this.

Radar

I would say a combination of RG11 Cable, and seperate dish pro dual LNB's and put the switch as close to the house as possible should do the the trick.

The key here is not the signal dropping, but the diseq commands getting from the receiver back through 400 feet of cable to the switch.

I would say a combination of RG11 Cable, and seperate dish pro dual LNB's and put the switch as close to the house as possible should do the the trick.

The key here is not the signal dropping, but the diseq commands getting from the receiver back through 400 feet of cable to the switch.

I was gonna suggest that also, but I have no experience with RG-11.

With 1/2" RG-11 you will need other fittings and a coupling that reduces the center conductor to the stiff single wire found in 1/4" RG-6 (or RG-59.) The RG-11 center conductor is tinned, stranded and stiff. It may be available with foam dielectric to reduce high-frequency loss but then with an even bigger core. (This from memory of 40 years ago.)

Just be sure it is 75 ohm and not an imitation.
-Ken

With 1/2" RG-11 you will need other fittings and a coupling that reduces the center conductor to the stiff single wire found in 1/4" RG-6 (or RG-59.) The RG-11 center conductor is tinned, stranded and stiff. It may be available with foam dielectric to reduce high-frequency loss but then with an even bigger core. (This from memory of 40 years ago.)

Just be sure it is 75 ohm and not an imitation.
-Ken

RG11 F connectors come with a center conductor that fits standard barrel and grounding block connectors. It's not a big deal to use RG11 - - particularly on the outside run to the grounding block. PPC, Snap N Seal, plus others make these type of F connectors. BTW, where can one buy imitation RG11?

RG11 F connectors come with a center conductor that fits standard barrel and grounding block connectors. It's not a big deal to use RG11 - - particularly on the outside run to the grounding block. PPC, Snap N Seal, plus others make these type of F connectors. BTW, where can one buy imitation RG11?

I don't know about imitation cable, but I have seen people visually mistake LMR 50ohm cable for RG-11 (I've done it several times in the lab) Seems right until its connector installation time.

I believe the original spec for RG-11 calls for solid polyethylene but some imitations had foam and did not compensate by enlarging the core wire to maintain the proper 75-ohm impedance. I'm for foam as I'm for RG-6 instead of RG-59, both 75-ohm, with its lower loss. It may be I just confusing the situation.
BTW, have you ever seen near-air (minimal foam) 50-ohm corrugated jacket signal cable--to get the propagation speed near c and keep the highest frequencies--awfully stiff with 3' radius of turn or so.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)