Cable Splitters?

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
Are the monster cable splitters really better than the ones the cable companies use?When up on amazon and reading reviews everyone seems to think they see an improvment in picture quality.I think Steve works for a cable company.Anyone had any experience using monster splitters?Thanks,overtimeman :up

It's as much hype as it is for their cables - which is to say ALL HYPE. The majority of cable systems probably use splitters that are BETTER than the Monster stuff - especially considering all the services that rely on those splitters these days. (internet, VOIP phone, 2-way digital cable, etc)
Guarantee you ain't gonna see a better pic with these Monsters than with the cable co supplied ones - on the contrary, they possibly could DEGRADE your cable service.

Yes, as he mentioned it is all hype. The monster cables are probably decent products (way overpriced though) but really not worth the cost for sure. At least the splitters and even coax cables. I usally when I was a service tech troubleshooting homes, if they had a problem with a single tv the first thing I would do is replace the cables at the tv, I had one person complain to me I removed their "50$ gold cable" it was a monster coax jumper, after i did that he had told me the picture quality looked like crap so I went behind the tv, pretended to change it back and told him "ok back hows it look" after him telling me it looked great i handed him his monster cable and said have a good day.

Good...well maybe sometimes.

Take apart a Monster cable and you'll see thin wires and a boatload of insulation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)