Caller ID Stopped Working On Direct Tv H20 Box

Discussion in 'The DIRECTV Forum' started by lkrause, Jul 14, 2007.

1. lkrause

lkrause Thread Starter New Member

All of a sudden the caller id on the H20 HD receiver has quit working. I have checked settings numerous times and have even been on the phone with a technician. Our Hughes box that has caller id capabilities works fine. It even works on the same phone jack as the HD one when I swapped them. The HD box doesn't work in the bedroom either. Does anyone know if there is a problem with this feature on this receiver?

2. Brewer4

Brewer4 SatelliteGuys Family
    Supporting Founder

:welcome

From what I have seen and others have posted, there's been numerous reports of caller ID issues on both the H20 and HR20. Some have reported no issues. Mines been pretty good but I find a few issues more related to Vonage since I wont get the messages on my phones either. Try the Living on the Edge release tonight at 11 PM and see if it corrects the issue.

3. Hoxxx

Hoxxx Member
    Supporting Founder

same here It says to subscribe to the service to see the data.all of my HR20's and H20's are affected.

4. talos4

talos4 PIT MEMBER

Check the settings again. I find my H20 turns the caller ID off by itself once in a while.

I go back into set up, turn it on and it works. This has only happened to me twice in the past 6 months.

5. CRendall

CRendall Active SatelliteGuys Member

When someone calls the popup notification comes up on the TV with an option to dismiss the popup screen or to turn off notifications altogether. I've had the notification turned off also, and my guess is someone is selecting the option to turn it off, and then I have to go and turn it back on again.

6. Kevcarron

Kevcarron Member

Caller Id

I did have the same issue, I found that when you delete the who called list it will start working again. Maybe the H20 can only hold certain # of calls in the list.

7. JustanOldfart

JustanOldfart Member

Caller id on my H20-100 box stopped working after the new firmware release came down on 7/16. I had to do a "pull the plug" reset to get it working again.