Caller ID with Voom?

MNHTUG

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Has Voom enabaled "Caller ID" with the recent v7.26 update? Looks like they have. This will be a nice bonus.

Date: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:46 am
Subject: [VOOM] Re: What do ya think of caller I.D on voom?

I absolutely love it, after you get the update press "Voom" and the green button once, then select "quick settings" or something like that, and turn it on

It doesn't work till you turn it on

But anyway it displays in the upper left corner of my screen, caller name and number

and YES the reciever HAS to be plugged into a phone line

--
JaydeeD

The 2nd to last thing I want is a pop-up telling me someone is calling while I'm watching HDTV; the last thing I want is someone calling me while I'm watching HDTV.

This will be useless feature in my home.

Well i turned this one on my receiver and it worked only once.. it displayed my wife's cell in small white letters (you have no idea how cool of a feature this is, as i hate scrambling to my phone(s) to see who it is... and now it doesn't work anymore (I have rebooted the receiver)...

Anyone know why this feature doesn't stay on?

I have it on my Dish 6000, it's very small and unobtrusive, you'll like it. I have to jump up, run in the other room and look at my phone display or ignore it. Mostly I ignore phone calls and let the answering machine deal with it. With Dish, you can hit the Cancel button to make it go away. The bad part is, if you are recording, you get the caller ID on the recording, remember to disable it prior to a recording.

Do you have to have caller ID enabled from your phone company for this to work ? I got the update, but mine does not work. I never had caller ID, so I was wondering if you need to have it enabled on your phone line before it will work with VOOM.

Thanks

Lucky said:
Do you have to have caller ID enabled from your phone company for this to work ? I got the update, but mine does not work. I never had caller ID, so I was wondering if you need to have it enabled on your phone line before it will work with VOOM.

Thanks
Yes, I would think you would need the CallerID feature on your phone line in order for this to work.

Again my STB downstairs only displayed 1 number and never again... like DarrellP said this is a cool feature, if it works!

I just forced my download and enabled the ca!ller ID function. This feature did not work for me. Has anyone had any success with this?

Working fine here...

CallerID Active:

mkwillia said:
I just forced my download and enabled the ca!ller ID function. This feature did not work for me. Has anyone had any success with this?

Bear in mind, you must have caller ID enabled by your phone company to have this work with the VOOM box.

Working fine for me. In the quick setup select "On" and be sure to click the green button to save the setting, and that's it. Works great so far....

Working fine so far for me too. I just got the new software yesterday. I agree with couch patato the caller ID is to smaller tv sets.

Working fine here...

Below is a comparison between Voom and Dish PVR-501. Might be nice if someone could post an image of the CallerID from Dish 921.

Voom CallerID:

Dish 501 CallerID:

Note: Dish does not record the CallerID screen, it's just a menu screen.

My caller ID isn't working. Got the new software, rebooted box, enabled caller ID - still nothing. VOOM CSR says that the caller ID feature isn't "enabled" yet - that this is forthcoming. THis explanation sounds fishy, since it seems like it's working for others. Anyone else having the same problem? Does the STB modem
need enabled somehow?

Does Caller ID work on any of your phones in your house? I believe that your phone company needs to enable your account for it to work. Also, when you enable the Caller ID function on your STB you need to press the green button to save your settings afterwards or the STB ignores your request. I tested my caller ID last night and it works great. It seems that everyone that calls has private numbers, however. (I tested again with my cell phone, which I don't block the outgoing caller id, and the phone number came through fine.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts