Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bud G

Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
South America
The ws international DMX741U is made for prime focus dishes
would it be a problem if mounted on a 1.2m offset dish

Yes it WOULD be a problem - the F/D (Focal length/Diameter) of the LNBF would be wrong and over-illuminate the dish allowing terrestrial noise to reach the feed horn/lnb.
Bob

Not only that but your KU side would be too far behind the focal point on a 1.2M dish. It's not as much of a problem on 8' dishes but those who have tried it on a 1.2M dish have been very disappointed with the KU performance. Do what I did on mine. I mounted the KU Lnb centerline and then mounted an offset C-LNBF on a piece of strut about 8" away from the KU lnb. Depending on what side of the KU lnb you mount it on you have to bump the dish about 5 degrees to the left/right of where the KU lnb is looking to scan the satellite.

I had one on a 1.8m offset, it worked ok on C and Ku but the conical scaler and alot of dish fine tuning is a must and I'm sure it's even more critical on a 1.2m

I tested out a DMX741 on my 6 foot dish. While it did get some Ku feeds, the SQ was signficantly lower than when I used a dedicated Ku lnb on the same dish. I'm currently thinking of mounting a Ku lnb next to the C lnb and see if that performs better than the DMX741 although I'll probably just go with separate 1m dish just for Ku.

dmx741u

hello BUD G i have a brand new dmx741u with flat scaler and conical scaler,that i tested for a week trying to get c band on a 1 meter dish,and failed.I would sell it resonable or trade it for a working receiver with remote that has good blind scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts