Can anyone recommend a good rub for a cabernet-steamed chicken?

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
Basically, its a beercan chicken, but I'm using an inexpensive cabernet sauvignon as the steaming agent. All suggestions welcome...thank you. :up

LOL!! Everything in Puerto Rican Cooking gets the same rub... Adobo Criollo from Goya! :) It's great stuff. If Goya ever stops making it, I think I will starve! There is one made specifically for chicken!

See ya
Tony

Basically, its a beercan chicken, but I'm using an inexpensive cabernet sauvignon as the steaming agent. All suggestions welcome...thank you. :up

I like to put herbs and garlic on my chicken creations. Why not coat the chicken with an egg wash and slather some minced garlic, celery salt, cracked black pepper and fresh rosemary on it.....

Well, tonight is the night for this...:)

I've elected to go with a wet rub consisting of fresh thyme from the garden, minced garlic, sea salt, and ground mixed peppercorns in an olive oil base. I'm debating whether or not to include some basil or oregano or some other herbs in the mix...thyme may be just fine.

I'm also considering using some old cedar planks as the smoking agent as well...not so much for the flavor, but because I have the extra cedar...hmmm.....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)