can get RNT with a six foot dish in zip code 71360

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nelms78

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
pineville la.
what size dish do I need to get RNT IN ZIP CODE 71360,I mean what is the minimum size dish,the biggest dish I have is six foot ,will that work or do I need a bigger one,thanks

On Ku band, a 1.0 meter offset dish should be fine. The problem is that the feed on 83W is pretty darn weak, I think deliberately. A 6 footer with a Ku lnb should work, but probably won't be as strong as a 1.2M offset , because of the geometry mismatch of using a Ku lnb with a prime focus dish. Do you have a 90cm Ku dish you can try? You might be in range with that from your location, you are in the strongest beam, and I can barely get it on my 90 cm in a weaker beam area.
:)

On Ku band, a 1.0 meter offset dish should be fine. The problem is that the feed on 83W is pretty darn weak, I think deliberately. A 6 footer with a Ku lnb should work, but probably won't be as strong as a 1.2M offset , because of the geometry mismatch of using a Ku lnb with a prime focus dish. Do you have a 90cm Ku dish you can try? You might be in range with that from your location, you are in the strongest beam, and I can barely get it on my 90 cm in a weaker beam area.
:)
thanks what is a 1.2 m dish is that a 10 foot dish,because I mite be able to get my hands on one,but I have a 6 foot right now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)