can i get channels from ecuador chile and brasil with a ku band dish???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

patopato1976

Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Ok here i go again, i was looking to buy a c band dish but i star looking into my Association and i can get dish no biger than 39" so i guess i have to go with a ku band dish, now i want to get channels from ecuador chile and brazil, i saw this dish and receiver (mercury II receiver and FS80P 31" dish) but when i see the channels i dont see any from those countries, here is the web site where i saw the channels (Motorized Free To Air Satellite system will allow you to move the dish to several satellites to watch more channels.  A powerful solution if your favorite channels are available over several satellites. The receiver's remote control will actually con), can sombody advise me what to do???

this are the satellite from those channels.
Ecuador:
Astra [COLOR=#0]1F[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#0]1G[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#0]1H[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#0]1KR[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#0]1L[/COLOR] ([COLOR=#0]19,2°E[/COLOR]
Hispasat [COLOR=#0]1C[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#0]1D[/COLOR] ([COLOR=#0]30°W[/COLOR]

Chile:
[COLOR=#0]Sirius 3[/COLOR] ([COLOR=#0]5.0E[/COLOR])

Brazil:
Hotbird [COLOR=#0]6[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#0]7A[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#0]8[/COLOR] ([COLOR=#0]13°E[/COLOR])

Thanks.

nope. A little thing called the world being round :)

Most of those satellites are on the eastern hemisphere and the satellite beams are only over there.

I don't know about Virginia, but I can get Hispasat with a 30" ku dish from Mid-Georgia. I might could get as far as 8-10 degrees west if I made an effort from my location. But there's no way I could get Sirius3 @ 5 degrees east or Hotbird @ 13 degrees east or Astra @ 19 degrees east, as those Sats are blocked by the curvature of the Earth from my location. I seriously doubt that you could get those 3 from Virginia for the same reason. You should however be able to get Hispasat ku with a 30" or larger dish?

Al

Fernando
You can get Hispasat ..............................

But not the Ecuavisa channel from Ecuador , because Hispasat has two coverage areas , Americas and Europe , The channel from Ecuador is only found in the Europe coverage map , if this doesn't make sense this is why.

There are aproximately 500,000 Ecuadorians living in Spain , now you see why the channel is being transmitted to Spain .

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts