can i use the actual directv genie system to watch espn3 content?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

opticalc

Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
seems like they would develop an app for the reciever itself, or make espn3 games available via on demand.

is this just not possible yet? id like to not have to take a pc and hook it up to the tv. or have to go hook up my tablet tothe TV. its just looks trashy. my LG TV has lots of apps: pandora, netflix, amazonvideo, etc but no espn app

Some ESPN3 events are available as part of ESPN Extra, which comes with the sports pack. It isn't all ESPN3 events, however

Some ESPN3 events are available as part of ESPN Extra, which comes with the sports pack. It isn't all ESPN3 events, however

I don't understand why they mirror games on RSN's to the ECE channels. In order to have ECE, you need the Sports Pack... Which already has the game on the RSN without blackouts...

Some college games on RSN's due have black outs. Also ECE is not part of sports packs for bars.

I have yet to see it happen this season, although I don't look at every game. Sometimes a game will be blacked out on the non Fox channels that carry Fox games (like Comcast SportsNet) or an RSN subchannel but not the main Fox channels. FS South always works for me for anything college that I have tried to watch here in Vermont.

That's good about the bars, must be easier for them.

seems like they would develop an app for the reciever itself, or make espn3 games available via on demand.

is this just not possible yet? id like to not have to take a pc and hook it up to the tv. or have to go hook up my tablet tothe TV. its just looks trashy. my LG TV has lots of apps: pandora, netflix, amazonvideo, etc but no espn app
Perhaps get a roku stick or fire tv stick?

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)