Can not seem to get bigger dish as promised.

billnmich

Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Hi, I am in Michigan. I have been a CBANDER since 1984. I have tried the small dish systems and the picture quality is poor. So far I am somewhat happy with VOOM. Why I say somewhat. I think the picture quality on the SD could be better. The main item is this. When I called and ordered Voom, I requested a 24" dish. The person taking the order said........no problem, will put it on the order. Just for the heck of it, I called several days later to see if it was on the order. The gentleman told me "yes" I was getting a 24" dish. Installer came as scheduled and guess what......18" dish. He said there was nothing on order for a 24". After he left i called Voom. The person then told me that according to where i live , I didn't qualify for a 24" dish. I was ticked off. Called again next day and talked to someone else and he assured I would get a 24" dish and he said he scheduled it for the following week becuase I was scheduled for a servve call to replace my diplexer that didn't seem to work. They came as scheduled , brought a different diplexer.....no 24" dish. Called VOOM again, this time I wrote down the name of who I spoke with "Adrianne F.", she also told me I didn't qualify for 24" dish. I told her that even though I had a signal quality of 97.........I lost the picture during some snow and again the next week with rain. Well she said that she has me scheduled for 4/14 to see if I can get the 24" dish. She also said that she would have the installer call me either way. That was the middle of the week and I haven't heard anything yet. Why was I promised a 24" dish in the first place? Several different times with different people.

I would call them again i have a customer that kept call them until he got his 24 in dish and we are not in a zone that need a 24 in dish either but they did give him one fianlly.

t

I'd hold out. I was walking around the office today, and finally saw 3 "prototypes" for an elliptical. One of them was actually branded with the Voom logo.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. As a matter of fact the work order the installer showed up with had a note on it mentioning my getting a 24" dish. The installer showed up with an 18" dish.

In his defense he did tell me that all he had was the 18" dish when he called the day before the install and he assured me that it would work out just fine.

My sat signal is 94-96 and it does sometimes fade in the rain, as I expected.

I'm going to point an old Primestar dish with a D* dual LNB to 61.5 just so see if it works any better.

Shawn

Let me know how that works out...........

Let me know how that works out, I too have an old Primestar dish that someone threw out. I must mention that, I had Dish for a while and with the Superdish, I never lost the picture. What I didn't like about their service was 1-Being charged for locals that I could recieve off my antenna with better picture quality. 2-Not enough HD content. 3-Quite often when watching their HD, there would be "picture freeze-up for a second or two quite often", very annoying. 3-SD picture quality was poor (altho some on Voom needs improvement).

If they left the SuperDish You SHOULD be able to aim it to the Voom satellite and you will lessen the rain fade too.

BryanSR

Upgrading to 24” on 4/12

With all the bad weather we had recently in my are and after reading customer comments stating that reception in bad weather improved with the 24” dish, I final decided to called Voom and requested an upgrade. The CSR was very understanding and scheduled an upgrade for 4/12. I’ll have to take the morning off from work to meet the installer, so I hope we can get this done on the first try. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. :eek:

bryansr said:
If they left the SuperDish You SHOULD be able to aim it to the Voom satellite and you will lessen the rain fade too.

BryanSR

Superdish uses DP LNB's (does Frequency Stacking) and these will not work with the voom STB unless you change out the LNB to the old dishNetwork Legacy style LNB's. Or you can use the DP LNB's, but you need to install a DP adapter (around $60) in series with the coax before it attaches to the Voom STB. The Adapter unstacks the frequencies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)