Can we move the endless HR10 HR20 war elsewhere

Status
Please reply by conversation.

agregjones

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
I love reading the boards, but I do get annoyed when half of the new threads are nothing but posts criticizing one or the other. Each piece of hardware has its cult of loyal believers. The likelihood of convincing others is not that great. The rest of us are more interested in other issues.

I would ask that these threads either be merged into one thread or moved into a different area. Three of the top nine posts is a bit excessive.

Last edited:
Tivo owners need to get on with their lives, D* has cut the cord. The HR20 units are for the majority just fine. I've got both, and strongly prefer my HR20.

There should be one thread where they can post the same arguments over and over to each other, they seem to really enjoy it, so let them have fun. It could be like the D* vs E* war thread.

There should be one thread where they can post the same arguments over and over to each other, they seem to really enjoy it, so let them have fun. It could be like the D* vs E* war thread.

My point exactly. I just get tired of there being 10 threads on the first two pages that are all holy wars on the merits of DLB.

My point exactly. I just get tired of there being 10 threads on the first two pages that are all holy wars on the merits of DLB.
Thats the only thing i miss about my tivo is the DLB.D* DVR is ten times faster, you can scroll through the guide quicker, and one touch recording without the stupid tivo guy dance.

I love reading the boards, but I do get annoyed when half of the new threads are nothing but posts criticizing one or the other. Each piece of hardware has its cult of loyal believers. The likelihood of convincing others is not that great. The rest of us are more interested in other issues.

I would ask that these threads either be merged into one thread or moved into a different area. Three of the top nine posts is a bit excessive.

Well, good luck with that, Greg. See what you can do about the E* vs. D*, Mac vs. PC, Bluray vs, HD-DVD, etc. threads while you're at it.

IOW, I agree that it's annoying, but it's also inevitable.

Well, good luck with that, Greg. See what you can do about the E* vs. D*, Mac vs. PC, Bluray vs, HD-DVD, etc. threads while you're at it.

IOW, I agree that it's annoying, but it's also inevitable.

All I ask is that we keep merging these threads to save the attention span for the rest of us.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts