Can you mirror Hopper 3 on 2nd TV?

virginiaguy

Aug 5, 2009
Virginia
Thanks for the link, fuzzy. I like the bi-directional aspect of that switch. Plus, it may be more reliable for two sources to one output than the automatic ones. There's a lot of mixed reviews out there about those.

virginiaguy

Aug 5, 2009
Virginia
That's perfect. Funny how such old technology (an A/B switch) will let me switch between my Hopper 3 and Joey in the kitchen like I will need to. We'll probably pass the Hopper through to the kitchen 90% of the time, but if my wife wants to watch something else in the kitchen, she can switch to the Joey. My life just got simpler!

DishTech0607

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 6, 2016
Springfield,Oregon
I believe , as I have heard complaints from customers, and seen negatives , that HDMI splitters will negate the effect of certain Hopper 3 features .
I would use the RF modulator for a mirrored TV as I always do, not the best "oh my god HD" picture but it's mirrored , easy to do.
If I am the only one experiencing problems with HDMI splitters in my area, then let me know. Netflix issues, and VOD problems with the HD splitter .
RF modulators are cheap use composite// RCA and a Coax cable to TV 2 .

JM42

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2010
GA
I believe , as I have heard complaints from customers, and seen negatives , that HDMI splitters will negate the effect of certain Hopper 3 features .
I would use the RF modulator for a mirrored TV as I always do, not the best "oh my god HD" picture but it's mirrored , easy to do.
If I am the only one experiencing problems with HDMI splitters in my area, then let me know. Netflix issues, and VOD problems with the HD splitter .
RF modulators are cheap use composite// RCA and a Coax cable to TV 2 .
No problem with splitters here. Netflix/VOD/etc all work fine.

JM42

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2010
GA
Which Arc are you on and what kind of splitter are you using? Just curious so I can relay this to Dish and my FSM.
Thank ya
H3 has just been Eastern. HWS was previously Western before switching to Eastern. A couple of different brands. I think the H3 is probably a Sewell 2 port. None of the two ports were over $25.00 the four port I have on a Joey2 was also inexpensive, probably not more than $50.

The splitters go back to VIP days, pushing 6 years old now.

Have used the Sewell at several friends/family without issue.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco

virginiaguy

Aug 5, 2009
Virginia
Good discussion, guys! OP here. I haven't gotten my H3 yet, but I have an active splitter I've been using with a 722k to a second TV. I think I'll see if it behaves with the H3. I'm planning on using a Joey on the 2nd TV and a switch so we can watch the H3 OR something different on the Joey. The main TV with the H3 is a family room TV adjacent to our kitchen TV, so we normally move from room to room and I don't want to have to change the channel on the Joey every time I go in the kitchen. But sometimes my wife wouldn't mind watching something different in the kitchen, so that's where the Joey comes in. I say all this, assuming there isn't a "dual mode" on the H3 like there is on my 722.

STDog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 25, 2007
I have a Red, White and Yellow RCA composite cable between the two rooms and DO have a component input on the 2nd TV in the kitchen.

I don't know your specific TV, but most TVs will use one of the component inputs as a composite video input.
Usually the Y (green) input doubles as composite.
Some auto switch, others you have to manually select composite instead of component.

You can use the 3 cables you have for component video, but then you have no audio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts