Cancellation issues, what ifs, and keeping my recorded content

I was pretty sure what I thought was true, so, out of curiosity I plugged in my 722k that I have deactivated for the winter months and NOT to my surprise I WAS able to view all recorded programs.
The receiver was deactivated in September, and was disconnected from the Satellite connection before the deactivation.
Previous years I left it connected to the Satellite feed the whole time it was deactivated and still could watch recorded content and view all preview channels.

Reactions: Mark609
I was pretty sure what I thought was true, so, out of curiosity I plugged in my 722k that I have deactivated for the winter months and NOT to my surprise I WAS able to view all recorded programs.
The receiver was deactivated in September, and was disconnected from the Satellite connection before the deactivation.
Previous years I left it connected to the Satellite feed the whole time it was deactivated and still could watch recorded content and view all preview channels.
But were you still a Dish sub?

Wow, thanks for the reply and confirmation. Goes to show you the "what ifs" are all over the place and.......it only took 8 pages to get there! :clapping

Yes, and I could see how maybe that would make a difference on the one hooked up to the sat feed, but the one removed would be no different than anyone else who cancelled service and removed from stream before cancellation.
That would seem to be a good distinction there.

Yes, and I could see how maybe that would make a difference on the one hooked up to the sat feed, but the one removed would be no different than anyone else who cancelled service and removed from stream before cancellation.
Who knows, maybe Dish has two different "hits" they can send, based on whether it's just a "voluntary" receiver deactivation or a service cancellation.

It was. It was "obsoleted" by Dish so I just installed the replacement, disconnecting it from the satellite just over a week ago. So far, we can still play the recordings without any problems.

Personally, I don't think the recordings will ever disappear. I have a 508 and 510 that were disconnected YEARS ago, and I can still watch the recordings, and as stated above I also never had a issue with my deactivated 722k viewing recordings. These things are FACTS. Many of you guys are just GUESSING. No one has any proof that I have read that the recordings will ever become un-viewable.

Reactions: Mark609
The point making, it may work for some, but if the company officially says it will not work, then don't you think it would be safe to assume it will not work, unless there was some error of some sort? If they designed it not to work, and it still works for you, would that not be an added benefit that you got to take advantage of?

Actually, I believe some HAVE reported losing access.
Those that allowed a disconnect hit, I can believe it, my deactivation hits (if there is even a difference?) have never caused me to loose access in the 5 or 6 years I have been deactivating the receiver I use in the summer months at my cottage. (Company men start flaming me now for using service in two locations, even though no one but me ever uses service.)
Chad, your avatar got it right.....lol

Those that allowed a disconnect hit, I can believe it, my deactivation hits (if there is even a difference?) have never caused me to loose access in the 5 or 6 years I have been deactivating the receiver I use in the summer months at my cottage. (Company men start flaming me now for using service in two locations, even though no one but me ever uses service.)
That's not any problem. Would just be marked as a snowbird account. You can have service at two addresses(sort of) if you are using just one at a time. Many people do that in cabins and vacation properties. Dish not only allows that, but supports it.

If you are just going back and forth, you call and change your address. Like I said, technically only 1 address is active at a time, but as long as service is not being used by someone at your home, and someone at your vacation home simultaneously, they do. If you want both addresses at the same exact time(both houses watching TV at the same time) then that would fall under their account stacking. If only one at a time, it's just a snowbird account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)