Cancellation questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

enricong

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I am planning to sign up for direcTV with an HD DVR and a SD one in my bed room. I know this will sign me up for a 2yr commitment. I have not really decided if I want to pay $5/mo for the SD box or just run a cable from the HD DVR (and watch whatever is on there) but I can get the SD box "free" if I sign up.

If I decide 2mo later that I want the drop the SD box (but keep the HD DVR), will that count as a cancellation and will I get charged with a hefty fee?

Also, I use to have directv and still have an old DTC-100 with an R5000 mod. I realize the MPEG-2 channels are going away soon, but can I get that box activated then cancel it when the MPEG-2 channels are shut down? Would that count as a cancellation and get me charged with a hefty fee? Its too bad that R5000 can't be put on any of the mpeg-4 DirecTV boxes. I would get Dish but I can't see 61.5 from my location.

I am planning to sign up for direcTV with an HD DVR and a SD one in my bed room. I know this will sign me up for a 2yr commitment. I have not really decided if I want to pay $5/mo for the SD box or just run a cable from the HD DVR (and watch whatever is on there) but I can get the SD box "free" if I sign up.

If I decide 2mo later that I want the drop the SD box (but keep the HD DVR), will that count as a cancellation and will I get charged with a hefty fee?

Also, I use to have directv and still have an old DTC-100 with an R5000 mod. I realize the MPEG-2 channels are going away soon, but can I get that box activated then cancel it when the MPEG-2 channels are shut down? Would that count as a cancellation and get me charged with a hefty fee? Its too bad that R5000 can't be put on any of the mpeg-4 DirecTV boxes. I would get Dish but I can't see 61.5 from my location.

The DTC-100 should still work as an sd box when the mpeg2 hd channels are turned off. As to the cancellation questions, I have no idea. You could call and ask, but from what I have read here and elsewhere, you might get a different answer each time you called!

ok so since I am still on the fence about having a separate box in my bedroom, it sounds like the safest approach is to sign up for it, and have it installed. Worst case, I can cancel it, return the box and it will cost me the $5/month and whatever shipping is. But I'll get the install of the cabling plus the free box (versus having to pay for it if I signed up later)

The 5/mo would stop when they turn the box off. The shipping to return the box is free. There is no reason to not get the second box unless there is no chance of you using it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Best way to get SWM with upcoming move?

Remote Control For TV Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts