cancelled sirius

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 24, 2005
Md
after looking at my bill i noticed by primary went up a bit, but my secondary jumped by $2.
then add the internet streaming and the bill was @ 50% higher then this time last year

so i decided to cancel for a bit and think about it

cancelling is a pain

you have to call. then they have to transfer you to a manager
then the questions start
then the free 1 month offer.

sat tv is so much nicer, they opffer free equipment upgrades ect to stay
maybe someday sat radio will be on this wavelength

i may go back, never know

until then its fox news free via thier website

I canceled mine months too due to HD radio which is really good here in L.A
And Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

after looking at my bill i noticed by primary went up a bit, but my secondary jumped by $2.
then add the internet streaming and the bill was @ 50% higher then this time last year

so i decided to cancel for a bit and think about it

cancelling is a pain

you have to call. then they have to transfer you to a manager
then the questions start
then the free 1 month offer.

sat tv is so much nicer, they opffer free equipment upgrades ect to stay
maybe someday sat radio will be on this wavelength

i may go back, never know

until then its fox news free via thier website

Sirius offered me a new unit and 3 months when i cancelled. ( it was only an InV2 but it was still free) I had them suspend my account and they waived activation on the new unit. I still have a suspended account but i have a new sirius unit unopened in the closet and 3 months waiting for me if i ever decide to turn it back on.

lucky
Here in Minneapolis other than the Public Radio stations there's maybe 3 stations that do subchannels. The rest like to put their AM stations as a subchannel

There really is no need to have SiriusFm these days . :)

Only one reason for me-Stern, once he is gone (if he does retire next year as promised) I am gone also and I assume a few million more will be gone also.

Only one reason for me-Stern, once he is gone (if he does retire next year as promised) I am gone also and I assume a few million more will be gone also.
You do know you can stream it for free right ? You could also download it a few hours after it airs with the comercials edited out . :angel:

HD radio is not an apples to apples comparison. Satellite radio offers different channels and more variety without commercials for a fee. HD radio offers pretty much the same OTA channels, with little variety (most of the sub channels are simply an AM station on the FM frequency or foreign language) and commercials, for free.

For example I listen to Classic Vinyl, Boneyard, Classic Rewind, and Hair Nation much more often than I listen to KLOS. If I want to listen to the Dodgers, other games, sports, or talk, the options on satellite are much greater than that OTA. I will even listen to the Dodger feed on XM over the OTA feed on 790 KABC because the clarity is much greater and I can listen to it anywhere outside of the LA OTA feed.

lucky
Here in Minneapolis other than the Public Radio stations there's maybe 3 stations that do subchannels. The rest like to put their AM stations as a subchannel
They do the same thing here and foreign language as well. For example, the one and only classic rock station in LA, KLOS, puts Spanish rock on their #2 sub station and KABC (AM) on their substation #3. You would think with the lack of rock stations in LA they would offer another type of rock, such as hard rock, metal, ex.

Plus there are a lot of stations that are not available on HD radio, such as 870 KRLA AM.

http://www.december.com/places/la/radiodialhd.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)