Cane...

BKP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Vacationland, USA
I liked last night's episode and think it's going to be good.. Ken Howard as a bad ass, that is different..

I watched CBS all night and thought the HD picture quality on Cane was better than the other two shows..

Anybody else..

Later, Brent

i love jimmy smits but i got through only 10 minutes of this show before i turned it off. maybe, i'll give it another try but i'm not sure.

I think you have to go through the whole episode. There is a lot of character development going on. I see shades of The Godfather here with Jimmy Smits playing the Michael Corleone role as a Cuban rum maker.

the story was not clear in the first few minutes. After a while you know where it is going. I will give it a second episode but I do not think I am ready for a godfather like series about rum....

I will admit that I almost gave up on the show 10 minutes in with so many clichés and negative stereotypes being introduced one behind another. Then some of the cookie cutter plot divices were initially a turn-off. Also I found the name Duque kind of close to "Don Q" (the rum Puerto Ricans Drink).
But as the mobster story started to unfold, I started to let the program run its course. I am not totally sold on it, but it still has a spot on my DVR and still keeping Boston Legal from being recorded in HD. We'll see how this series goes. :) I also love the fact that most of the cast is truly latino and can ACTUALLY speak Spanish! (At least the first and second generation--If the third generation does more than understand some words and phrases, they're doing better than real life... trust me.) :)

See ya
Tony

Well, three shows into the series and I am just about ready to give up. The "Día de Nuestra Vida" tone is starting to get to me. There has to be a LOT more than soap opera going on for me to stick with a show.

Unfortunately the clichés just continue. At least the stereotyped characters fleshed out into 3D people, except the "bad guy next door". But it's gotten to the point where I am not starting to care. The conflict between the step-brothers is forced and rings hollow. The "Romeo & Juliet" style romance with the girl next door was just a little too much for me to take.

One more week... then it loses its HD slot to Boston Legal and it becomes my SD "second choice" on its way to the delete feature. :)

(BTW the post above was after viewing only the first episode)

See ya
Tony

CBS HD College Football

VOOM aiming for 15m int’l homes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)