Can't acquire siginal

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
We had a storm pass through & now my receiver can't acquire a siginal. I have a VIP622 DVR receiver. I can get the screen that says acquiring siginalbut the bar does not come on or move. Can anyone help with this problem. I have done a disconnect with the power 3 times with the same message everytime.

Thank you,
BruceE

We had a storm pass through & now my receiver can't acquire a siginal. I have a VIP622 DVR receiver. I can get the screen that says acquiring siginalbut the bar does not come on or move. Can anyone help with this problem. I have done a disconnect with the power 3 times with the same message everytime.

Thank you,
BruceE

You can try running a check switch test. If you get an error about fewer satellites than before you will want to cancel that message. If this doesn't correct it, PM your account information and I can set up for a tech.

Zach, After running switch test it show no siginal at all, but I have 2 other tvs that have a siginal. Any idea what my problem might be? How much is a service call?

Thank you,
BruceE

Did it say that satellites were missing?

Which sats by the way? 61.5/72.7/77 or 110/119/129?

Zach, After running switch test it show no siginal at all, but I have 2 other tvs that have a siginal. Any idea what my problem might be? How much is a service call?

Thank you,
BruceE
If you don't have it add the protection plan service call will be $17 I believe. If you have 2 receivers still working either the cable was damaged or the receiver. PM Zack to set up the service call.

Simple request to reaim my dish - BIG PROBLEM

remote to remote programing questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts