cant believe my eyes!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok, I have both Dish and direc tv. I have been saying its been no contest. Dish has consistently had the better hd picture.

I have no loyalties to either company. Who ever will give me the most HD content, im there!

Last night I cought Invincible on Starz ( direc tv) The piture was the best HD i have seen to date.
After scanning the other Hd channels and comparing them to dish- Dare I say
Direcs Hd is better! Thought Id never say that. But its true.

Cant wait for Sci Fi to give some Hd programming.

Glad I brought back Direc tv- Maybe I can now get rid of Dish. Dish, However,
gives NHL games In HD.Come on direc! I really want to say sayonara to dish.

Dish truely has the worst customer service ever!

I see the tide turning!

Joel:)

Edit your favorites in the 600's and 700's. Lots of RSN's in HD, and the Center Ice channels all have HD subchannels. Won't get InHD, but that's only one channel...

Ok, I have both Dish and direc tv. I have been saying its been no contest. Dish has consistently had the better hd picture.

I have no loyalties to either company. Who ever will give me the most HD content, im there!

Last night I cought Invincible on Starz ( direc tv) The piture was the best HD i have seen to date.
After scanning the other Hd channels and comparing them to dish- Dare I say
Direcs Hd is better! Thought Id never say that. But its true.

Cant wait for Sci Fi to give some Hd programming.

Glad I brought back Direc tv- Maybe I can now get rid of Dish. Dish, However,
gives NHL games In HD.Come on direc! I really want to say sayonara to dish.

Dish truely has the worst customer service ever!

I see the tide turning!

Joel:)
Yeah I saw part of that too. Very impressive picture quality.

tune in to "all the king's men" on 521 right now. Its so crisp you will marvel at it.

Mark this post, maybe "Sticky " it guy's.

A POSITIVE from Vurbano regarding Directv's HD, at least one channel anyways !!!!

Thanks for the post V, I'll check it out !

edit:
I've been getting a lot of pixalation on a Starz, all sat SS are 85 and up.
any thoughts ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Mark this post, maybe "Sticky " it guy's.

A POSITIVE from Vurbano regarding Directv's HD, at least one channel anyways !!!!

Thanks for the post V, I'll check it out !

edit:
I've been getting a lot of pixalation on a Starz, all sat SS are 85 and up.
any thoughts ?

Jimbo

Sidecar dish or slimline?

I switched from Dish to DirecTV about three weeks ago......yes, HD on D* does look better overall. Don't know if it is because of MPEG-4 but I've had a number of 'wow' moments watching HD that I didn't have with Dish. And now with the new HD channels, D* has surpassed Dish by a wide margin with regard to HDTV IMO. Voom has some nice stuff here and there but overall it's a waste of bandwidth as the content is mundane and very repetitive. Before long I'll have an HR20 in each room. And, BTW, I've had zero problems with it which is something I can't say about the 622.

cant believe my eyes

Stuckingoo,

I still have dish but im inching closer to dumping them. Direc has come along way.

Im blown away by the hd!

My only hold up is that the 622 has is such an awesome dvr. Its fast and operationaly better than any dvr i have seen to date.

The hr20 is not bad but its slow. Maybe im not used to it but I do a ton of recording. Plus the sound on the hr20 needs to be pumped up compared to the 622.
Yes, minor stuff but it takes getting used too.

Love the NFL in High DEF-Incredible!

AT@T is coming to my town soon-Might also check them out.
Does anyone have Uverse? What do you think?

Stuckingoo,

I still have dish but im inching closer to dumping them. Direc has come along way.

Im blown away by the hd!

My only hold up is that the 622 has is such an awesome dvr. Its fast and operationaly better than any dvr i have seen to date.

The hr20 is not bad but its slow. Maybe im not used to it but I do a ton of recording. Plus the sound on the hr20 needs to be pumped up compared to the 622.
Yes, minor stuff but it takes getting used too.

Love the NFL in High DEF-Incredible!

AT@T is coming to my town soon-Might also check them out.
Does anyone have Uverse? What do you think?

Yup I agree with you on the 622.....I had some glitches here and there but it is a better DVR and the channel guide/operation is quicker. I don't have much use for SD on TV2 but you can get around that by simply getting your hands on another 622 and running each in single mode. That's what I'd do anyway though I understand alot of people still find functionality in a secondary SD tuner/DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rain fade? Hartford CT area

StarzHD Looks Like The Best HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)