Can't find 101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rbdaves

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
So. Cal.
I'm attempting to aim my DirecTV dish. I've found the AZ, El & TLT and set up the dish on a plumb support. I'm looking for 101, 99 and 103 from Southern CA. I have been able to get a good signal on all three birds, tuner 2, but not tuner 1. Any advice?

When you align the dish, you get the same signals on both tuners. If you get signals on one tuner and not on the other, it has to be a cable, LNB or tuner issue. What dish do you have, and do you have cables connected to both satellite inputs on the back of the DVR?

I have to agree, that is not an alignment issue. I'd swap cables on the back of your receiver and see if the problem goes to the other tuner. That way you'll know if it is a bad receiver.

I have to agree, that is not an alignment issue. I'd swap cables on the back of your receiver and see if the problem goes to the other tuner. That way you'll know if it is a bad receiver.
Yup,
Mark with tape the good sat line. Connect it to the tuner on the DVR that is not working. If it does not work you know it is the DVR tuner. IF the tuner begins to work....follow the other cable (if there is one).

As often.......can't be much help without knowing what dish, LNB, receiver model, PI & splitter is being used............

Just expanding what Zander correctly stated.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)