Can't find what I record on Time trax.

sflocco

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
The songs do not show up on the specified drive or folder in which I specified them to go. There is a timetrax temp folder in there, and a temp folder shows up when recording, but when song completes it's no where to be found. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Me too.

Strangest damn thing I've ever seen, and I've probably installed and run thousands of applications over the last 2 decades.

Timetrax actually erases the directory in which the shows are supposed to record.

And it creates a Timetrax Temporary directory on my C:\ drive.

Its doing it on a computer running Windows 2000 SP4. Its the newest version of TimeTrax Recast (I think 1.4, or whatever the number is) using the Sirius radio included with the package.

The other weird thing is that TimeTrax seemingly won't even run if I don't have the computer hooked up to the internet. I have it in a back room that gets good Sirius Satellite radio signal coverage. Sometimes, I unplug the router it uses, and TimeTrax won't even boot up on it. It claims it can't find out if a new version is needed, and just shuts down. This is pretty damn weird, as well, but not as weird as the directory erase issue.

charper1 said:
maybe its not deleting it yet the folder is set to "hidden"
Its a good thought, but that's not it.

I have the view hidden and system folders option checked for Windows Explorer.

The whole thing was so weird, I blew about half an hour one night seeing if I could locate the files with the built in file finder and another applicaiton I grabbed online. It just flat out wiped them out. I've created new folders, and it wiped them out, too. For whatever reason, I can't see those folders during a record. It seems to store the files in a temporary directory, and while it does it, it seems to somehow eliminate the folders in which its supposed to record. If it crashes, I guess they stay eliminated.

Yes.

I actually don't even use that computer for email or internet browsing, but I still run NOD32 on it.

I'm having the same exact problem with TT Recast 1.4. The folder I created on my desktop to hold my recordings disappears and then will reappear. Very strange problem... haven't figured out any pattern to it yet.

I have had the same problem, I did a timer recording a few times one day and nothing showed up, then all of a sudden, (about 4 hrs. later) while I was in the folder on my desktop,where I tell TT to leave my files, the files appeared.

What are the logs showing? Is it showing saving the files to the missing folder?

David K.

I am having the same problem. I create a folder, it disappears, and nothing gets recorded.

dkieffer said:
What are the logs showing? Is it showing saving the files to the missing folder?
David K.
The logs show the files not being saved.

Anyone have a fix for this problem? I have been fooling around with settings for hours and it's starting to get really irratating.

willh3 said:
I'm having the same exact problem with TT Recast 1.4. The folder I created on my desktop to hold my recordings disappears and then will reappear. Very strange problem... haven't figured out any pattern to it yet.

I have the same problem with trial version. Why would 5 want to buy if it doesn't work. I create a file with xpExplorer, find it in recast configuration and select it, but it remains grayed out. When I stop recording, the entire folder I created in XP diappears!:mad:

I have had the same problem too and determined the problem/resolution....

When you are recording and the STOP button is grayed out, or unavailable and you close (terminate the recast app) or the recording is interrupted then files are not saved.

Also depending on what you have setup such as SplitTrax, PerfectTrax... then I would try unchecking them to see if this helps. I don't even use those features.

Won't record and Folders Disappear

I am using a trial version 1.15 of TimeTrax Recast and it will not record and the folder I create to record in disappears. Why would I want to pay for something that doesn't work. TimeTrax is a good idea but doesn't work.

Billybobvi said:
I am using a trial version 1.15 of TimeTrax Recast and it will not record and the folder I create to record in disappears. Why would I want to pay for something that doesn't work. TimeTrax is a good idea but doesn't work.

1.15 is a very old version. We are currently at version 1.4

How exactly are you trying to use it?

Without an XMPCR or using it with XM-Online you will not be able to use a trial version with a radio (Sirius or XM Direct) since you do not have our hardware device.

Derek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)