Can't get any local channels, HELP!!!

BDWF

Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
I have read most of the posts on this forum and still can't get my Voom Box to work. I have the 2.4C software, but when I get to the "Aim antenna" nothing happens with any of the known or any RF numbers. If I scan the local channels none are found. I bought this on ebay from a person in Chicago, he said it worked fine there, I am in Oklahoma. I can see quite a few channels that it found in the Chicago area. I am using a new Winegard Square Shooter antenna mounted on my roof with rg6 coax. I have hooked up the antenna on another TV and it seems to be working fine. I have shut it off and unplugged it for more than an hour and plugged it back in. When just plugging it back in it comes on and says it is starting then goes to sleep or something, then I can use the remote and turn it on. First thing it says is no satellite signal on channel 100, I push the VOOM button and proceed to the installer installation, then the install wizard, then to aim etc etc, everthing seems to work up to the aim and scan part. I have even unplugged the OTA antenna module from the back and plugged it back in, as someone said might work. Please help, thanks

Welcome to the forum, BDWF!
How do you connect the antenna? Do you connect it directly to the OTA module (the one you tried to re-insert), or do you connect to a snap-on diplexer?
Is that an amplified antenna? Does it require a power supply?

I am hooking up at the antenna after removing the diplexer thing. The antenna is not the problem, I borrowed a Samsung srt 451 and everything works great on it. I bought this Voom box used on ebay from a guy that actually saw local channels working on it in the Chicago area. It still shows those stations on it. When I am scanning local stations it flashes for each station, not finding any of them. No signal strength on any of the RF's. Could it be that the software will only let the Chicago stations in?? Still need help.

BDWF said:
Could it be that the software will only let the Chicago stations in??
Not really. 2.4C should work fine. It sounds like you have a problem with antenna connection or a bad box. I don't know what else to suggest. Sorry...

Maybe the original owner hid the other channels. I know that on my box I hide all the channels that I didn't get from the NYC area. Give that a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)